Avigdor Lieberman, Israel's defence minister, called for the death penalty to be applied to Kabha and accused the Palestinian Authority of being behind Friday's incident. Spokesman Fawzi Barhoom said the attack was "an affirmation of the insistence of the Palestinian people to continue the path of the resistance with all its means".
'Hamas remains responsible for everything happening in the Gaza Strip'.
The report notes that Gaza - an occupied Palestinian enclave - continues to present the greatest risk of escalation alongside an acute humanitarian crisis with the potential for a complete breakdown in service delivery.
Masked operatives from the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of the Hamas terror group, ride vehicles as they commemorate the 30th anniversary of their group, in Gaza City, December 13, 2017.
In January, Israeli planes destroyed a terror tunnel underneath the Kerem Shalom crossing, and a second tunnel, which extended into both Israel and Sinai, was destroyed in February. The attempt to rebuild the tunnel shows that Hamas finds it hard to accept the collapse of the tunnel project and continues to waste the money needed for Gaza residents to breathe, ' Manelis stated.
Israeli soldiers inspected his family home following Friday's attack in readiness to demolish it.
First responders treated the victim, who was later taken to the hospital in critical condition. "The attack was carried out in response to the placement of explosive devices on the border fence".
There have been a number of previous attacks by Palestinians using cars to ram into groups of Israeli soldiers or civilians.
The attacks on the tunnels came hours after a bomb planted near the Israel-Gaza border exploded.
- Warriors' Kevin Durant out at least 2 weeks with fractured rib
- Duterte Spokesman: Philippines' Withdrawal From ICC 'Beginning of End' for Court
- The history of St. Patrick's Day
- Syracuse looks to take down No. 3 seed Michigan St.
- Jets Acquire Third Pick In Draft From Colts
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- U.S. places sanctions on 19 Russians for election meddling
- EU Powers Exploring New, Non-Nuclear Sanctions On Iran
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- No-confidence motion not taken up; LS washed out for 10th day