"Black Panther" shows no signs of giving up its total domination at the box office, landing in the #1 spot for the fifth consecutive week sfter raking in an additional $27 million in domestic ticket sales this weekend. "To everyone who celebrated the release by watching, dressing up, singing in the cinemas and enjoying the film across social media, a very big thank you from all of us at Disney and Marvel Studios". The burgeoning actor, now known for his portrayal of a young Erik Killmonger in Marvel's Black Panther, reportedly earned $1,000 a day during filming for the superhero flick, earning a guaranteed paycheck of $7,654 according to a contract obtained by TMZ.
This is similar to Rotten Tomatoes as the movie has a 49 percent critics rating, although the audience score is more favorable at 70 percent so far.
It is only days away from overtaking another Marvel film, The Avengers, as the all-time top-grossing superhero film in North America, Variety reported.
Warner Bros.' "Tomb Raider" opened in second place with an estimated 23.52 million dollars this weekend.
But while the North American reception of Tomb Raider was a bit disappointing, the movie has made greater waves internationally.
"International was always a key part of the strategy", Goldstein said. Black Panther is also likely to soon pass Star Wars: The Last Jedi and cement itself within the top five unadjusted top domestic grosses of all time. If it continues its position and stays active in the fifth week, then in the last eight years, it would be the first film after Avatar to top its position even in the fifth weekend of release.
It has also nabbed another $10 million in worldwide ticket sales. The film is also closing in on $1.2 billion at the worldwide box office. This is kind of underwhelming for a movie that cost well over $90 million to make not including marketing costs.
- Man United draw Tottenham in FA Cup semifinals; Chelsea vs. Southampton
- Crack in Florida bridge deemed no concern just hours before collapse
- North Carolina basketball locker room robbed during ACC tournament
- The history of St. Patrick's Day
- The FDA Just Moved to Limit the Amount of Nicotine in Cigarettes
- Israeli soldiers dead, 2 hurt in West Bank auto attack
- US police suspect 'serial bomber' in deadly Austin attacks
- Syracuse looks to take down No. 3 seed Michigan St.
- U.S. places sanctions on 19 Russians for election meddling
- Whistleblower Christopher Wylie says his Facebook has been suspended