According to Humberside police, more than 400 schools and colleges received the bomb hoax.
Over 24,000 bomb threats were sent to more than 400 primary schools, secondary schools, and colleges across the United Kingdom, resulting in numerous evacuations.
"We have received reports from a large number of schools in our region that they have received threatening emails".
Mike Pincomb, headteacher at North Lakes Primary School, said: "Because of the nature of the threat we contacted police".
Police have confirmed that schools in Cornwall are among those to receive malicious hoaxes, reported to be bomb threats.
It's thought a feud between rival online gaming networks was the motivation for a hoax bomb threat - which was sent to hundreds of schools across the United Kingdom including many in Yorkshire. The police don't think the threats are credible but are investigating them as a crime.
It seems that the individual involved in the hoax who spoke to Sky doesn't realise the gravity of making bomb threats against schools.
The emails containing the threat were also apparently spoofed to appear as if they were coming from VeltPvP. We will blow up the device.
The emails contained the following message: "We have sent a student in with a bomb. ANY attempt at defusing it yourself will cause it to explode", the email continues.
VeltPvP is a network for players of the computer game Minecraft. We've been being harassed by a group of cyber criminals that are trying to harass us in anyway possible. We know of five in our force area.
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Duterte Spokesman: Philippines' Withdrawal From ICC 'Beginning of End' for Court
- Cleveland Browns rumors: Jets, Bills offered for No. 1 overall pick
- The FDA Just Moved to Limit the Amount of Nicotine in Cigarettes
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- US police suspect 'serial bomber' in deadly Austin attacks
- Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho happy with reaction to Sevilla defeat
- No-confidence motion not taken up; LS washed out for 10th day