Xtina, who is also featured on the magazine's spread, looks nearly unrecognizable without makeup.
The shoot also features the mom of two wearing different modern looks featuring glitter, large false lashes, bold lips and a perfectly contoured face, a sort of rendering to her previous glamourous looks.
She said: "Max is into this new sport a.k.a free running, parkour".
"I can't stay in a stagnant place for too long, which is why I think the position I was in with television just became very stifling", she explained. Aguilera is now working on the follow-up to her 2012 record Lotus, which was released way back in 2012.
These days, the former The Voice coach is partial to more minimalist hair and makeup, as she showed at the American Music Awards in November 2017. "I need to go explore, be an artist, create and transform". Not to mention, she's won five Grammys and sold over 50 million albums across the world.
Christina did clarify with the mag that she's not getting rid of her makeup in the future.
Speaking about today's music stars, Aguilera said: "They don't have as much backlash when they come out on the scene".
Anyone who's ever listened to Aguilera's "Beautiful" will know she's a firm advocate of embracing one's own beauty "no matter what they say".
The pop star also discussed the "double-edged sword" that is social media. In fact, the last time I saw her was when I chose to watch an episode of The Voice for some reason. But if I was on American Ninja Warriors he would literally want to come to work with me every day.
In the Paper interview, Christina calls Childish Gambino "a genius", and says of Chance the Rapper, "He's made it without a label, without any strings attached, and being so charismatic at the same time".
- Kim Jong-un Makes Secret Trip to China
- Indiana's jobless rate edges down to 3.2 percent
- Loyola, K-State an unlikely matchup
- Second seed Thomas continues great form at Match Play
- Vancouver to join 100s of cities rallying against gun violence
- Is Trump Considering a Veto of the Omnibus Spending Bill?
- NZ claims historic pink ball test win over England
- NASCAR to stop at Martinsville on Sunday
- The Skylands Capital LLC Has $2.81 Million Position in Amazon.com, Inc
- Early exit for Mcilroy, Spieth