However, the Department of Homeland Security is still evaluating prototypes for construction of that wall and no new sections have been built, said Carlos Diaz, a spokesman for US Customs and Border Protection.
According to the Border Patrol, crews in Calexico are working on replacing a 2.25-mile barrier with a "30-foot-high bollard-style wall".
As yet, construction has not yet started on Trump's border wall.
The long-planned renovation was simply to replace the existing wall in the area that was constructed in the 1990s.
It's not actually showing a new massive southern border wall.
Funding for the wall, which Mexico has repeatedly and vehemently rejected to paying for, has also hit a snag for the Trump administration.
Trump's promise of erecting a 2,000-mile wall has been met with much criticism and equally devastating budget-related hurdles.
However, now Trump is pushing for the USA military to fund the project.
While Trump did indeed have a briefing which included Department of Homeland Security secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, the photos are not actually of his wall getting underway.
Shortly after the ruling, Trump tweeted that he had decided that "sections of the Wall that California wants built NOW will not be built until the whole Wall is approved".
However, on Tuesday, White House press secretary, Sarah Sanders, said she could not comment on this and simply added that the wall project is moving forward.
President Donald Trump may be researching alternative ways to pay for his promised U.S. -Mexico border wall, including reportedly suggesting that the military should front the bill. But officials say the military is unlikely to pay for the wall, and even if the Pentagon was willing, it would require an act and the move would not get 60 votes in the Senate.
- Trump expels 60 Russians, closes Seattle consulate after UK chemical attack
- NZ claims historic pink ball test win over England
- Anger at 'negligence' that killed 64 in blaze at mall
- Watch Toyota Reveal The All-New RAV4 In New York
- Virgil Abloh appointed creative director at Louis Vuitton
- Brazil hit back at Germany with friendly win
- Big-time cricket returns to Karachi after 9 years
- Scientists discover a new human organ hiding in plain sight
- France Mourns as Christian Police Officer 'Hero' Honored with State Funeral
- Kim Jong-un Makes Secret Trip to China