"We're thrilled that America has welcomed the Conner family back into their homes", said ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey.
The television network said Friday it ordered an 11th season of the 1990s hit show, which returned on Tuesday night after a 21-year hiatus.
-"Roseanne" gave ABC its highest ratings for a scripted program this year, and second among all scripted series to NBC's "This Is Us" following the Super Bowl (26.97 million viewers), Variety said. The hour-long premiere had 18.1 million viewers and has risen to 21.9 million who have watched it after the premiere date thanks to streaming and downloading platforms.
The popular sitcom aired on ABC for nine seasons from 1988-97.
"Look at her evaluations", Trump said within a speech nearby Cleveland, speaking about the comedy's star and his outspoken supporter, Roseanne Barr.
The news comes as little surprise after the premiere of the new, 10th season bowed Tuesday to massive ratings, besting even the original series finale almost 20 years ago.
In completely unsurprising news, ABC is renewing the recently revived "Roseanne" for another season, its 11th.
Trump has historically been highly attuned to television ratings, including his own as the host of NBC's "The Apprentice".
Following the premier, Barr received a call from President Donald Trump congratulating her on the success of the show. Trump said. "They were unbelievable!" Roseanne returned to TV this week after a 20 year absence, and shockingly garnered vast ratings.
Based on the lead character Roseanne Barr, the sitcom portrays an American family who struggles to make ends meet in their suburban neighbourhood.
Barr claimed on ABC's "Good Morning America" on Thursday that she anticipated that the collection, that wades into the divisiveness of USA politics, could greatly help persons "agree to disagree".
The rebooted series opened with Roseanne Conner (Roseanne Barr) as a Trump supporter feuding with her sister Jackie (Laurie Metcalf), a Hillary Clinton supporter. In real life, Barr is also a vocal Trump supporter, though she lives on a macadamia nut farm in Hawaii and not in IL.
- Scientists discover a new human organ hiding in plain sight
- Xiaomi Mi A2 May Have a Dual-Camera Setup
- North and South Korea set date for leaders' summit
- Uber agrees to sell Southeast Asia business to Grab after costly battle
- France Mourns as Christian Police Officer 'Hero' Honored with State Funeral
- Warner, Smith banned for 1 year, out of IPL, India series
- Ready Player One Reviews - What Did You Think?!
- Actor Corey Feldman Says He Was Stabbed in Car, LAPD Investigating
- California says goodbye to Uber's driverless cars
- Theresa May vows to keep UK strong and united post-Brexit