"It is important for the global community as a whole to keep maximum pressure on North Korea until North Korea takes concrete steps toward complete irreversible and verifiable denuclearization", Kono said.
Following the three-day-visit, Union External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj met Fumio Kishida, Chairman of LDP Policy Research Council in Tokyo. But many have said Abe feels slighted by the fact that Trump, who has flaunted his close relationship with the Japanese leader, didn't give him a heads-up on the Kim meeting.
Last week, U.S. President Donald Trump temporarily excluded six countries, including Canada and Mexico, and the countries of the European Union from higher U.S. import duties on steel and aluminum that went into effect on Friday. The 9th India-Japan Strategic Dialogue will take place today.
Japanese Deputy Prime Minister Taro Aso on Thursday ruled out the chance of opening up talks for a bilateral trade deal with the United States, stressing that such a deal would do no good to his country.
"There are differences between what China and North Korea announced regarding the talks".
Tokyo's fear of being left out of critical decisions that affect it is known as "Japan passing", said Sean King, senior vice president at New York-based consulting firm Park Strategies.
Talks so far have focused on security issues on the Korean Peninsula, particularly denuclearization.
Aso's comments came after the United States agreed with South Korea to revise their trade pact with a side deal to deter competitive currency devaluation by Seoul and with concessions for USA autos and pharmaceutical companies.
Swaraj is on her first visit to Japan since taking up her portfolio in May 2014, according to the Foreign Ministry.
Since then, however, there has been little mention of abductees. Earlier this month, Japan and 10 other nations signed an Asia-Pacific trade deal - an agreement that doesn't include the U.S.as Trump pulled the nation out a year ago. "I'm also afraid that (Trump) may achieve a nuclear test ban, but end up accepting North Korea's possession of nuclear weapons".
- Rain likely Thursday night, leading to a lovely weekend
- North and South Korea set date for leaders' summit
- Easter hops in with egg hunts and more
- Kane Williamson replaces David Warner as Sunrisers Hyderabad captain
- Painful lessons from Uber's self-driving auto accident
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Heightened security sparked speculation Kim Jong-un had arrived in Beijing
- Top smartphones for gaming
- President Trump Calls Roseanne Barr to Congratulate Her on Sitcom Revival's Ratings
- Coffee causing cancer? California judge orders distributors to warn customers