To start out your Saturday morning some of you may be dealing with some dense fog while others are seeing clear conditions.
"It will still be wintery in the north but not as cold as today, we may enjoy a little bit of that strengthening March sunshine but it halts there". But he said a rainstorm Wednesday afternoon will bring in cold air, and knock daytime highs back into the mid-40s and 50s into the weekend.
"As a weather system moves in from the south and comes up against cold air over the United Kingdom, there is the chance that rain could turn to heavy snow in places", the Met Office says in its yellow warning for snow on Monday. New snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.
The hopes of a sunny Easter Bank Holiday have well and truly been dashed.
A few lingering snow showers will be found throughout the afternoon and early evening for central and southwest portions of the state.
Snow could make roads slick and risky and will be heavy to sweep away.
"Force 6, east north easterly winds and offshore wave heights of 2.4m are forecast to cause wave overtopping of sea defences and sea spray in exposed coastal areas". It won't get too cold, as temperatures will only drop into the upper 30s for most of us.
Still chilly on Monday with another weather disturbance headed our way.
Forecasters expect the worst of the wet weather to last from 5pm until 4pm on Easter Monday.
'Into Easter Sunday, it is going to be turning cold overnight so expect some frosts to wake up to.
Forecasters say spring is on hold for now as a winter-like snow storm arrives in the Upper Midwest. Wind: NE 10-20; gusty.
Tuesday: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 55. These strong wind gusts will help warm temperatures well above average, with highs reaching the low 70s to kick off the work week. More rain and snow showers expected through the middle of the week.
Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 61. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64.
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- Egypt's Sisi on course to win second term: Initial results
- PM vows 'complete security' to Malala in Pakistan
- President Trump Calls Roseanne Barr to Congratulate Her on Sitcom Revival's Ratings
- Microsoft's veteran windows head Terry Myerson to leave company
- Troubling Reports Surround Family of 8's Fatal Plunge Off California Cliff
- Painful lessons from Uber's self-driving auto accident
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- Kane Williamson replaces David Warner as Sunrisers Hyderabad captain
- Rain likely Thursday night, leading to a lovely weekend