Lukaku scored the opening goal in Manchester United's 2-0 win over Swansea at Old Trafford.
"The first half was flawless", the United manager said. "The first half we played very well, we kept Swansea back, we scored, we played lovely, it was flawless".
Swansea improved after the break, with a double half-time change of Tammy Abraham and Tom Carroll coming on for Ki Sung-yeung and Nathan Dyer working wonders in tightening up their midfield and given them more of a presence up front. We pressed so high and strong, and then recovered the ball. We arrived in many unsafe positions.
Guardiola's side took their foot off the gas in the second half and Everton restored a little pride with a 63rd minute strike from Yannick Bolasie.
The show must go on and United did what they needed to do against Swansea who barely ventured from their half in the first period.
"I think the moment you see it is Mo (on the ball) you feel good".
"Some players played midweek, they arrived late, tired, they felt the game was in the pocket and in the second half they let it go a bit".
"I believe if we play like we play in the second half we will win points that we need to stay in the Premier League. David has been brilliant this season".
Immediately after joining Mourinho, Carvahal jokes that he's sitting with his assistant, bringing peals of laughter from all journalists sitting in the media room at Old Trafford.
The United boss then invited his fellow Portuguese to sit alongside him and they continued the press conference together.
Anybody that has watched Manchester United this season will know how important Romelu Lukaku has been to the team.
Mourinho deployed Paul Pogba in a deeper role alongside Nemanja Matic but thanks to the room afforded to him, Pogba chose to frolic about and, with him dragging the game by its ears, there was only one way the game was going.
They will be hoping that April puts a spring in their step.
- Coffee causing cancer? California judge orders distributors to warn customers
- Turkey says France 'completely wrong' on Syria
- Suspect in hit-and-run crash that killed teen rearrested
- How to Watch Everton vs
- Troubling Reports Surround Family of 8's Fatal Plunge Off California Cliff
- LeBron ties Jordan for NBA record 866 consecutive games scoring 10+ points
- Facebook to Streamline Privacy Settings in Wake of Cambridge Analytica Scandal
- President Trump Calls Roseanne Barr to Congratulate Her on Sitcom Revival's Ratings
- David Hogg: I Won't Accept Ingraham's Apology Until She's 'More Objective'
- Kevin Love (concussion) will play on Friday for Cleveland