The Equest Center for Therapeutic Riding in Rockford provides therapy to more than 185 kids with special needs, and to raise money to provide these services to children that can't afford them the center hosted an special Easter event Saturday.
Staff at Redditch headquartered Workforce Staffing collected hundreds of eggs from staff and clients and donated the chocolate treats to help children in hospital have a better Easter. It took all of 10 minutes in the search areas.
One parent described the activity as "fast and furious". "Whatever little bit we can do to help out is what we want to do". For the older children, it was baseball mitts and soccer balls, among others.
This Easter weekend will be filled with kids on the hunt, hoping to overflow their baskets.
The big beeping eggs were surrounded by a nest of traditional candy filled eggs, which of course was a very yummy reward.
Sarah Levitt, 5, and her sister Malleah, 3, walk through Bastendorff Beach Park carrying a basket of goodies during the Charleston Fishing Families community egg hunt festivities Saturday. In previous years it was held at Solecito Park.
The scouts have put on the event the past four years. She said the featured egg hunt included eggs hidden throughout the school's cafeteria, library and halls.
Egg Hunts should go perfectly as long as the heat doesn't melt any of the candy! "It's a win-win".
Easter is known for its many traditions, one of those being an Easter egg hunt.
"They're like a vacuum cleaner", he said. "It was a huge undertaking".
From a Razor type scooter to a large fluffy stuffed Easter Bunny, the children who found these "Golden" eggs had a hard time choosing their reward.
For an hour children of many ages played games, jumped rope and made Easter-themed arts and crafts.
"How are you holding up?" the Easter Bunny was asked.
"It's good for the girls to get out", McLaughlin said. "It's my fifteenth time doing it".
"It's a win-win", she said.
"Don't worry", a recreation worker told her.
"At first, he wasn't really sure about the whole thing", said Joe Sack of his son, Cooper.
- Michigan Ends Loyola-Chicago's Cinderella Run; Reaches National Championship Game
- Dutch attorney in Mueller investigation gets 30 days in prison
- NYPD Blue producer dies at age 74
- World's Top Female Golfers in Rancho Mirage for ANA Inspiration Tournament
- Buy Analyst Rating?: Intel Corporation
- Suspect in hit-and-run crash that killed teen rearrested
- Kevin Love (concussion) will play on Friday for Cleveland
- Oklahoma, Kentucky teachers plan walk out, huge rallies
- State shuts down medical marijuana businesses
- Jays steal one from banged-up Yanks