The STORMTracker weather team will update you with updated conditions on this next spring storm system. By the time its over most of the county will see maybe a dusting on the ground with some areas in the north getting as much as an inch of snow.
Snow began falling Tuesday but picked up in intensity early Wednesday, leaving roads slick and hazardous.
The latest that measurable snow has ever fallen in New York City was on April 25, 1875, when 3 inches dropped on Central Park, though snow flurries have fallen as late as May, according to National Weather Service data. From snow to start the workweek to now thunderstorms we have had our fair share of everything.
Missouri, Illinois, Indiana and Kentucky are forecast to take the bring of the storm's wrath, DeWald said.
Though the snow totals are much lower than several of the systems we've dealt with this winter, forecasters wrote in an online discussion that there's "some concern this'll catch folks off guard". Low around 38. Breezy, with a south wind 21 to 24 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 38 miles per hour.
WCCO meteorologist Matt Brickman said Minnesota could see record cold temperatures in the 30s starting Thursday and ending Sunday, CBS Minnesota reports.
Bitterly cold air, at least for April standards, will move into the Midwest Tuesday into Wednesday and reach the East Coast by Wednesday night. That ends at 5 a.m. Thursday. The wind ahead of the front will be from the southwest then shift to the west behind the boundary.
Tuesday's high in Brainerd was 27 degrees with a blustery wind from the north of 10-15 miles per hour. Snow accumulations around an inch or less are possible. The rain will continue on-and-off into the early evening.
Be the first to know when news happens. Partly sunny, with a high near 42. The game has been rescheduled for Tuesday at 4:05 p.m. ET. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41.
Southeast Michigan is seeing a mix of sleet, snow and freezing rain, which is expected to turn to all snow overnight.
Saturday: A slight chance of rain and snow.
- World's Top Female Golfers in Rancho Mirage for ANA Inspiration Tournament
- Villanova opens as biggest favorite in title game since Duke in 2010
- NYPD Blue producer dies at age 74
- Buy Analyst Rating?: Intel Corporation
- Lindberg takes three-shot lead at ANA Inspiration
- Spotify debuts with a boom, opening at $165.90
- Conor McGregor Responds In Typical Fashion To Tony Ferguson's Injury
- LeBron ties Jordan for NBA record 866 consecutive games scoring 10+ points
- Lukaku reaches century as Manchester United beat Swansea City 2-0
- Trump offers support to EPA head Scott Pruitt amid ethics scrutiny