Everything else was background, filler, or speculation, like the notion that Apple might be considering a curved iPhone design in order to "differentiate design" in a "crowded marketplace".
Both of these technologies are still under works and there's a high chance that Apple could ditch these in favour of something else.
MicroLED is a low-power display technology that features better color gamuts and brightness levels than LCD. The curved iPhone display has been a rumor for a while now as its been in development but, now it is expected to be around two or three years away from implementation.
Apple is also redesigning iPhone screens to curve inward towards the middle; different from Samsung which curve at the edges. The iPhone X's OLED display has a slight curve at the bottom, but it is negligible.
For what it's worth, Apple (and other companies) work on technology like this all the time, though not everything makes it to the consumer.
To stay ahead, Apple needs compelling new features and designs. Citing "people familiar with the matter" Bloomberg adds that this particular tech would take in to account the proximity of your fingers to the display. This is pretty different from Samsung's Air Gesture feature that debuted on the Galaxy S4 a few years ago, where Samsung embedded a motion sensor to detect gestures from a particular distance. Google's ATAP research group has been working this sort of technology, too, through its Project Soli program.
It's not just Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Officeworks, Harvey Norman or any of the other usual places where Apple's new 9.7-inch iPad can be purchased, by from a telco on a plan.
After three consecutive years of iterative iPhone updates that included nearly no design changes, Apple in 2017 released a completely redesigned iPhone.
- Is legal weed the answer to Cleveland's opioid crisis?
- Heaviest April snow storm in 12 years hits NYC
- Don't spoil it for others: 'Infinity War' directors ask fans
- China Retaliates Against The US With Even More Tariffs
- Saudi king reaffirms support for Palestinian Arabs
- Ronaldo bicycle-kicks stuffing out of Juventus shares
- The Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum holds its annual Easter egg hunt
- Winter holding on for dear life
- This Is How America Reacted To News Of MLK's Assassination
- Trump offers support to EPA head Scott Pruitt amid ethics scrutiny