If this lead holds it will be his fifth career first-round lead/co-lead on the PGA TOUR, first since this year's Genesis Open. Luckily the young golfer was able to get back on his feet, but was clearly in pain as he hobbled the rest of the way to the green.
Here's hoping Mr Finau will make it to the Masters opener tomorrow.
"Nothing short of a miracle, if you ask me", Finau said.
This will be the first Masters of his career.
"It felt good", he said.
"He sent me a letter", Parziale said.
Li signed for an impressive 69, after finishing with a dropped shot.
Finau made lengthy, par-saving putts on the last two holes.
Jordan Spieth, the 2015 Masters champion, would welcome the extra yardage.
"I'm going to get it checked out".
When he finished, Finau was looking down on Henrik Stenson, Adam Hadwin, Patrick Reed and Charley Hoffman, who all carded 69s.
Phil Mickelson, Rickie Fowler and Zach Johnson are among a group at 2-under.
Watson, 18 months away from 70, turned in a six-under 21 to best Tommy Fleetwood and Thomas Pieters by a shot during Wednesday's Par 3 Contest.
When the tournament begins Thursday, there will be no shortage of compelling storyline's.
He was given the go-ahead to play and put himself firmly in contention, despite making a sticky start with a bogey at the opening hole. It's the only tournament I watch on TV, and I watch it all four days. Garcia's 13 matched the highest score on any hole in tournament history, previously done twice.
- Winter holding on for dear life
- Female shooting suspect 'dead' after attack on YouTube headquarters
- Is legal weed the answer to Cleveland's opioid crisis?
- Mark Zuckerberg Fires Back at Tim Cook Over Facebook Criticism
- Conor McGregor Responds In Typical Fashion To Tony Ferguson's Injury
- NYPD Blue producer dies at age 74
- You Can't Do This - Liverpool Legend Advises Reds Before Manchester City Clash
- NYPD Fatally Shoot Mentally Ill Black Man
- Space station re-entry called mostly successful
- Don't spoil it for others: 'Infinity War' directors ask fans