Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that third-party Alexa-enabled devices will enjoy the same functionality, which is common for some of the Echo's best features.
Amazon has announced that Key features are now available across the USA, but the in-home delivery is still only available in 37 select cities and surrounding areas.
For the Amazon devices, a short chime sounds indicating there is an incoming announcement.
The command is also useful for announcing when you're leaving the house, or to announce when you're on the way home. Unlike Groups, which just controls multiple bulbs, plugs and other devices in one go, Routines offers much finer control.
The Alexa-enabled Amazon Echo and Echo Dot are two of the hottest consumer products in the United States, but they have been having troubles getting new applications, known as "skills".
Does Alexa Announcements work everywhere?
In order to use the feature, just say something like "Alexa, announce that it's lunch time", and every Echo in the house will repeat the message. Any of these phrases will broadcast the message throughout your home.
Amazon has started rolling out the "Announcements" feature today in the USA and Canada, and will likely introduce it worldwide later in the year.
Amazon's Key Home Kit looks like a solid option for anyone that wants to try some smart home devices on the cheap. Alexa can be used to lock the door, ask for lock status and view the live feed from Cloud Cam on compatible devices like Fire TV, Echo Spot, and Echo Show.
- This Is How America Reacted To News Of MLK's Assassination
- The Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum holds its annual Easter egg hunt
- Wall St. climbs as Amazon jumps, S&P rises past key support
- Ronaldo bicycle-kicks stuffing out of Juventus shares
- CHP Investigating Injury Collision Involving Sacramento Deputy
- Is This The Bravest Reaction To A Dislocated Ankle?
- Apple releases new iPad tutorial focusing on Apple Pencil and Split View
- Is legal weed the answer to Cleveland's opioid crisis?
- Israeli fire kills Palestinian at Gaza border, with more frontier protests ahead
- US stocks close higher even as US-China dispute escalates