"Having said that, Brand Salman is likely to experience a negative impact in the short term especially if the conviction does not get a stay in the High Court", said Varun Gupta, MD and India Leader, Valuation Advisory at Duff & Phelps.
Within few minutes judge's order copy will reach trail court after which the jail authorities will read the copy and salman Khan accused Number 106, will be sent out.
A Special SC/ST Court in Jodhpur on Saturday reserved its order for April 25 in a 2012 rape case against self-styled godman Asaram after the final arguments were completed.
Khan has almost $90 million riding on his projects in coming months with at least three films in the pipeline, analysts say.
On Thursday, Khan had been convicted in Jodhpur, sentenced to five years in jail and fined 10,000 rupees ($154). He was tried and acquitted on a charge of killing a homeless man while driving drunk in Mumbai, and was also accused of domestic abuse by a former girlfriend, the actress Aishwarya Rai.
Seven others, including actors Saif Ali Khan, Sonali Bendre, Tabu and Neelam, were on trial for the alleged poaching; however, Khan was the only person convicted.
Prosecutors asserted in court that Salman should not be given the bail. Khan's lawyer HM Saraswat had filed a bail application in the court immediately after the sentencing, and on the same premises.
It also cited the differences in the post-mortem reports of the blackbucks with the first saying there was no gunshot injury while second stating that the animals were killed by gunshots. Later, the high court had acquitted him in the case.
Khan's sisters -Alvira and Arpita - were present during the hearing.
Ahead of Salman Khan's bail hearing on Saturday, Sessions judge Ravindra Kumar Joshi was transferred overnight, along with 87 other district judges. The actor's legal side had appealed the court for a bail, and plea was heard today. So, as the guilty walks free and returns to his life of stardom and charity work while the blackbucks and their protectors cry in the wild, need we ask who is being human?
- A look at Michigan's hockey season that ended in Frozen Four
- US Imposes New Sanctions On Russian Oligarchs, Officials And Companies
- As Spotify Goes Public, Sony Cashes In
- US stocks close higher even as US-China dispute escalates
- Gender pay gap: when does your company stop paying women in 2018?
- China says it will fight US tariffs at any cost
- Is This The Bravest Reaction To A Dislocated Ankle?
- NYPD Fatally Shoot Mentally Ill Black Man
- F-16 fighter jet crashes at base outside Vegas
- Is legal weed the answer to Cleveland's opioid crisis?