The 25-year-old has been one of the stand-out players of the current Premier League season, scoring 31 goals for Liverpool. But, of course, you can imagine we have tried everything to make him available.
"I have to say apologies again for how things happened before the game", said Klopp before Saturday's Merseyside derby against Everton (12:30 BST kick-off). Then after the game you have to see. "If he's a doubt he will not be involved. If they are not 100 per cent fit, they can not be involved".
"I would not rest a player with absolutely nothing, with no problem".
Liverpool managed to escape Goodison Park without sustaining any more injuries to the squad during the 90 minutes, although left-back Alberto Moreno was forced to withdraw half an hour before kick-off due to a fitness issue.
"Thank god Danny is here and in good shape", said Klopp.
Joe Gomez and Ragner Klavan are now sidelined with injuries, while Emre Can, Adam Lallana and Joel Matip will play no further role this season.
Although Salah played well, he didn't have as much impact as Ronaldo, who bagged two goals against Juventus at Allianz Stadium.
"We have already a hard situation, everyone knows that".
"[It's a] very important result so let's carry on, another point away, not long to drive home, so now we prepare for the next game [the second leg against City]".
- Is legal weed the answer to Cleveland's opioid crisis?
- Watch live action from Day Two of the Commonwealth Games
- CHP Investigating Injury Collision Involving Sacramento Deputy
- Masters: Jordan Spieth leads but it's an unlucky 13 for Sergio Garcia
- Israeli fire kills Palestinian at Gaza border, with more frontier protests ahead
- Fortnite Vending Machine Locations
- Missing CDC worker's body recovered in Atlanta river
- US Imposes New Sanctions On Russian Oligarchs, Officials And Companies
- Facebook secretly deleted Mark Zuckerberg messages from recipients' inboxes
- Is This The Bravest Reaction To A Dislocated Ankle?