Manchester City's Kevin De Bruyne in action with Arsenal's Hector Bellerin during English Premier League game at Etihad Stadium on Sunday, May 8, 2016. Here, we weigh up the case for each player. "He's a huge value for the team but to top goal scoring charts is remarkable". The Egyptian only needs two more goals to equal the record for a 38-game season. You've got to love him.
The Young Player of the Year award is for players age 23 or younger, and can be won multiple times.
With the domestic title nearly secure, De Bruyne and the rest of the City squad can now focus fully on their bid to conquer Europe. It's a two-horse race, in other words.
On the face of it, de Bruyne should maintain the status quo by becoming another EPL title victor to land both prestigious accolades as City's grand conductor in his side's impending coronation. And, in terms of mentality as well, he never hides.
"So yes, he's surprised me on how well he plays and goals he scored". "I think he is world class because he can do absolutely everything". I'm not really someone who speaks a lot with coaches.
Boiling down that impossible distinction of the game's church and state begins tomorrow morning (Singapore time) in their sides' Champions League quarter-final showdown, but the denouement of the greater player will still be far from conclusive.
"But Mo is in a fantastic way, that's for sure".
The PFA awards are voted on by current Premier League players and are awarded in the month of April. We need to focus on Saturday [against Manchester United] and then we will try everything in our power to get a result against Liverpool. "But obviously, they have a big advantage".
"And then at the second meeting I just said: 'for me it's better to go".
"I am very happy with myself, I am very pleased with how I have played, I didn't expect to be this good this season, to be honest".
Asked on his views ahead of the clash - and ultimately, who will triumph come May - he stated: "I am going to go for City". I have no idea. I'm okay with it, as long as nobody's hurt I'm fine. Other people will be looking to see whether it is a one-off situation.
- Pruitt defends job at meeting with Trump
- Israeli fire kills Palestinian at Gaza border, with more frontier protests ahead
- Doll stole the show during 'Jersey Shore's new season premiere
- A look at Michigan's hockey season that ended in Frozen Four
- Yorkville man charged with armed robbery in DeKalb
- DeRozan scores 16 points as Raptors beat Celtics 96-78
- Amazon Strategic Review Market: Region, Key Players, Competition and Forecast to 2021
- Backpage.com Seized By Feds
- Cosby jury filled as defense alleges discrimination
- Klopp confident Liverpool star Salah will return for Manchester City clash