"We wanted three points but at the end I think it's a fair result if you look at the whole game".
Danny Ings, given a rare start by Klopp, found James Milner out on the left, and his cross was narrowly headed wide by Dominic Solanke, with the U20 World Cup victor still looking for his first goal for the Reds. I am absolutely okay, it's not the best day in my life but let's carry on.
There perhaps weren't many who will have made too grand an impression following a tense 0-0 stalemate, especially with Solanke and Ings failing to make the most of their rare chances in Liverpool's starting XI.
"Bobby [Firmino]'s out; [he] played a lot of games for us obviously, we have two fresh strikers there, so that makes sense to make that change".
It's a credit to Liverpool that they could impose themselves so confidently upon Everton away from home, but Sam Allardyce likely won't encounter any better opportunities to win a Merseyside derby at Goodison.
Wayne Rooney was clearly unhappy to be substituted for the fit-again Idrissa Gueye early in the second half but the impetus remained with Liverpool, who brought on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Firmino.
Even with the introduction of Roberto Firmino for the final 15 minutes, the Reds struggled to carve out a clear-cut chance.
Calvert-Lewin blasted off target one minute later as the spoils were shared, doing little for either side - although Liverpool will be delighted to avoid any injuries ahead of a massive game against City on Tuesday. Despite the late Everton pressure they didn't force the keeper into anything.
We had our chances on the other side, but I really thought we did well in specific moments - passing and runs with a team which was changed in five positions, especially on the left side but in the first half it was really good.
Liverpool fans were not celebrating either, but at least they are likely to get another chance to do so come Tuesday.
- Fed Baseline is Three Rate Hikes for 2018
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- David Warner joins Smith, Bancroft in accepting CA ban
- China says it will fight US tariffs at any cost
- The Right Place for Drug Rehab
- Klopp confident Liverpool star Salah will return for Manchester City clash
- Former South Korean president found guilty of abusing of power
- Canada junior hockey team involved in fatal bus crash
- Cosby jury filled as defense alleges discrimination
- Doll stole the show during 'Jersey Shore's new season premiere