Congress also alleged that BJP government at the centre was appointed an RSS person in every department of the government, which the party termed it as an "extra-constitutional authority".
On Friday, Shah had said, "I have heard that whenever floods happen, all the animals come together". She was referring to the Bharatiya Janata Party's recent defeats in the Lok Sabha bye-polls in Gorakhpur and Phulpur. "Though the sane public is repeatedly disowning them before the Lok Sabha elections".
Congress leader Sharma said, "The remarks made by Amit Shah are condemnable. So it is out national duty not to cede this space to them", he said.
Congress communications in-charge Randeep Surjewala said Shah considers his political opponents as "dogs and cats" and that is due to arrogance that has reached his head.
Congress senior spokesperson Anand Sharma said the remarks are "shameful" and speak of Shah's mindset. The BJP will never scrap reservations, and not just that, it will never let you touch reservations either.
The BJP chief's address was aimed at boosting the morale of party workers, who may be slightly confused over attacks on the party from various social and political quarters. Shah told the workers that the BJP's golden era will begin when it forms the government in Odisha and West Bengal and returns to power in Delhi next year. "But people ask you (Rahul) the account of four generations of your party's dynastic rule", he said. We are privileged to receive the blessings of people of all age groups, across all sections of society.
Mumbai-based political analyst Surendra Jondhale said Shah's speech seemed to be more of an attempt to set things in his own house in order and try to boost the morale of party workers than send a message to the opposition. People of the country have seen the work done by the NDA government. In 10 days, Modi made a decision to send our jawans into Pakistan for a surgical strike. "That's fine, that is the way they look at the world", Gandhi said. Besides Shah, Union ministers hailing from Maharashtra and other BJP leaders will address the congregation to be held at 11:30 AM, state unit president Raosaheb Danve said while addressing a press conference today. Several residents in Mumbai complained about the traffic snarls in the city, including Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan.
- Former South Korean president found guilty of abusing of power
- US Imposes New Sanctions On Russian Oligarchs, Officials And Companies
- DeRozan scores 16 points as Raptors beat Celtics 96-78
- Apple releases new iPad tutorial focusing on Apple Pencil and Split View
- The Costs of a Full Blown Trade War, Should One Happen
- Didn't Go To Everton For Wild Derby - Jurgen Klopp Happy With Draw
- Blackbuck poaching case: Salman Khan gets bail, fans rejoice
- Brazil tense over prison for da Silva
- A First In 35 Years! 'Black Panther' To Screen In Saudi Arabia
- Cosby jury filled as defense alleges discrimination