Their failure to make their dominance count was punished 17 minutes from time when Javier Hernandez fired home just four minutes after coming off the bench.
West Ham edged closer to achieving their objective of Premier League survival - with the side now six points clear of the relegation zone - but Hart will not drop his standards at any point between now and the end of the campaign with a place at the World Cup a distinct possibility. We begged for the goal, ' he told Sky Sports after the match.
Danny Welbeck's second goal of the game gave Arsenal a 3-2 win on Sunday and cost Southampton a draw they would have deserved in their struggle against relegation from the Premier League. "When this happens with regularity, it means you have a problem". The goal we lose is dire.
"We are talking about a really good person, a legend for this club, an ambassador of football". "But I think this game describes very clearly our season".
"I was thrilled to get in at half-time just a goal down, but we were always in with a chance of getting something out of the game".
"It was a good weekend for us because they were singing my name, then I scored and I could celebrate with them".
Irish global Long's goal was only his second in nearly 50 games for club and country but even before that the visitors made all the chances.
"I'm not disappointed we didn't win".
"We must be frustrated with this game, for the final result", Conte said.
Hazard was looking more like his old self and he combined with Cesc Fabregas to prise open the West Ham defence, but Morata s deft back-flick rolled wide.
"After a game like this, you have to get three points".
Joe Hart, that's why he has so many caps and medals at the top level.
As well as showering goalkeeper Joe Hart with praise following a number of crucial saves, West Ham manager David Moyes, who described the manner in which Chelsea scored as "poxy", also lauded the predatory instincts of Hernandez.
"He does a great job holding the ball up for his team, being aggressive and holding off Gary Cahill".
"But when you have 70 minutes and you need someone to come on - an assassin, a goalscorer - that's what Hernandez brings".
- China says it will fight US tariffs at any cost
- NASA chooses Lockheed Martin to build quieter supersonic aircraft
- Blackbuck poaching case: Salman Khan gets bail, fans rejoice
- DeRozan scores 16 points as Raptors beat Celtics 96-78
- Klopp confident Liverpool star Salah will return for Manchester City clash
- Canada junior hockey team involved in fatal bus crash
- Yorkville man charged with armed robbery in DeKalb
- The Costs of a Full Blown Trade War, Should One Happen
- Canada hockey bus crash: what we know
- Manchester City's style convinced Kevin de Bruyne to snub Bayern and PSG