The companies have offered a similar package to college students starting previous year.
Spotify is working on wooing more customers to its free music service by making it easier to use.
Spotify on Wednesday announced a new bundle deal called "Spotify Premium, now with Hulu" that combines the two subscriptions for $12.99 per month. The new bundle is initially available only to existing Spotify Premium subscribers in the US, who also get a chance to try out Hulu for three months for just 99 cents.
One of the key differentiators with Spotify is that it not only has a subscription offering that gives users a vast library of music but also comes with a free, ad-supported offering.
Spotify offered a similar bundle deal with Hulu to students past year for $4.99-per-month, but is now expanding the package to its subscribers (and subsequently to its potential subscriber) in the US. That price gets you Spotify Premium and traditional, video-on-demand Hulu (with ads). In 2015, it began offering users a deal to add Showtime to their subscription for an extra $9 a month, which is $2 less than a standalone Showtime Anytime subscription.
The two companies have tested the waters on a bundle before, offering the same two services to students for just $4.99 per month previous year. Spotify is also looking to sweeten the deal by giving subscribers Hulu for 99 cents a month for the first three months of their subscriptions before raising the price. Combined, the two companies are bundling their services for $12.99 a month, just $3 more than paying for Spotify as a standalone.
To get the Hulu functionality, Spotify users will have to download and set up an account with the free Hulu app, although billing for the bundle will be handled through Spotify.
- Athletics-Angels Perfect Game Alert
- Federal Bureau of Investigation raid on Trump lawyer's office: What you need to know
- LeBron James is about to do something he's never done
- Chris Pratt urges fans to see A Quiet Place during traffic jam
- For starters: Rays at Red Sox, trying to snap a skid
- Arsene Wenger pleased with Arsenal mentality against Southampton
- Here's Why Barack & Michelle Obama Didn't Receive a Royal Wedding Invite
- Pregnant Khloe's hell as Tristan 'caught with another woman'
- Facebook Reveals New App Targeting Data Sharing
- Princess Charlotte will make HISTORY when new baby arrives - this is why