That Achilles heel resurfaced on Tuesday, as after a rousing first-half performance gave them hope, Salah's 39th goal of the season all but ended the tie 11 minutes into the second period.
Jurgen Klopp's side were in danger of blowing the lead against City after falling 1-0 down at Eastlands on Tuesday while trying to protect a 3-0 first leg advantage.
"These kind of games, this competition the impact is so big".
Liverpool completed a 5-1 aggregate victory to reach the semi-finals of the Champions League.
"The boys found a solution".
"Of course Klopp said 'yes, you are sitting too deep because you are not pushing up'".
If proven, Guardiola could face another touch-line ban in next year's Champions League, as he looks to take Man City to the top of Europe. "I would say they deserve to be in the semifinal, they made an outstanding 45 minutes".
"We should enjoy the moment".
"We lost against Liverpool, against United and against Liverpool".
Guardiola defended a policy that has seen him spend some £450 million since becoming manager in 2016, but indicated that more would be needed.
The other charges after the first match at Anfield last Wednesday were acts of damage and crowd disturbances before hours before kick-off.
"The first half was so good", added Guardiola. This wonderful goal that we served them on a plate. Television replays showed the ball had come off Liverpool's James Milner when it was played towards Sane.
Guardiola marched onto the pitch at the break to remonstrate with referee Antonio Mateu Lahoz after a Leroy Sane goal that would have put his side 2-0 up was contentiously disallowed and was told to sit in the stands for the second half.
Liverpool came into the game as Manchester City's intensity dipped and scored through Mohamed Salah in the 56th minute as he got on the end of a Sadio Mane effort which was turned away and chipped the ball over several Citizens defenders and into the back of the net.
City's bad week after also blowing the chance to seal the Premier League title against local rivals Manchester United at the weekend was rounded off 13 minutes from time when Otamendi was caught in possession and Firmino slotted in off the far post.
- Real Madrid boss Zidane: We need Benzema to score
- Federal Bureau of Investigation raid on Trump lawyer's office: What you need to know
- Facebook Reveals New App Targeting Data Sharing
- Russian Federation warns U.S. against Syria strike
- Chelsea are made to pay by Hernández
- Bill Cosby Prosecutors Open Retrial Detailing Investigation
- Pregnant Khloe's hell as Tristan 'caught with another woman'
- A New Money-Saving Spotify-Hulu Bundle Announced
- YouTube Illegally Collects Data on Children, Say Child Advocate Groups
- The Undertaker Answered John Cena's Challenge at WrestleMania 34