Photos from the air base seem to show a Syrian soldier inspecting a large hangar-style building with heavy damage.
Their release is part of a newly reached deal in which thousands of Army of Islam fighters and their relative will be allowed to leave the town of Douma and head to rebel-held part in northern Syria. He said the outgrowth of spy poisonings in the United Kingdom, the chemical attack in Syria and a potential trade war between the U.S. and China are all "connected and have led to a very "sensitive" situation in Syria". Russia, Assad's most powerful ally, called the reports fake.
A senior Iranian official says Israel's airstrike on a Syrian air base that killed seven Iranians is "Israel's crime" and "will not go unanswered".
Syrian state media, citing a military source, carried a similar report. The opposition's Syrian Civil Defense rescue organisation said the victims appeared to have suffocated. The group also agreed to release its prisoners, a key government demand. "We won't allow it".
Syrian state TV said two buses left early Monday and that 11 more buses were getting ready to move.
"Accepting Iranian entrenchment in Syria would be to accept Iranians putting a chokehold on us". On Tuesday, the Iranian foreign ministry, Mohammad Javad Zarif, disregarded the accusations, calling Mr. Trump's examination that Iran and Russian Federation shared liability to the attack a "cheap shot". Some had bluish skin, a sign of oxygen deprivation, according to a statement.
The symptoms were consistent with chemical exposure.
Velayati also said that there had been no chemical attack in the southern Syrian city of Douma over the weekend, as Western countries claimed. The US threatened military action but later backed down.
Earlier today, Trump warned he would fire missiles at the Syrian base where the chemical weapons were launched while Russian Federation said they would intercept any such attack.
- Real Madrid boss Zidane: We need Benzema to score
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- Top smartphones for gaming
- UP: Rape victim's father dies in judicial custody, Yogi remains silent
- Guardiola charged for two breaches of Uefa's disciplinary regulations
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- No Major Lessons from New National Test Scores
- Fire at Trump Tower leaves man dead and 6 firefighters injured
- Princess Charlotte will make HISTORY when new baby arrives - this is why
- Smart money points to Trump charge