The interface seems cleaner and more intuitive to use, and a new sidebar on the right should make multi-tasking easier too. Apparently, the new self-destructing emails feature which will allow the users to put a timestamp to their mails after which the email won't be available anymore has been termed as the "Confidential Mode" in Gmail.
"You can configure the expiration date so that your email disappears after 1 week, 1 month, multiple years, etc.", Tech Crunch writes.
Google is planning on a new look Gmail web interface with new feature additions that will be introduced soon and could be on the likes of the mobile app version of the same. These features will be an vast help to businesses that want more control over how emails are used by recipients. It further states that the recipient won't be able to forward, download or copy the email's contents, and attachments will be disabled.
The Pixel C also constitutes what would display to be the end of Google's Android tablet ventures, which also saw the HTC Nexus 9, Samsung Nexus 10, and two years of ASUS-made Nexus 7 gadgets. Recipients will then receive an e-mail that requires them to click a link and input their Google credentials to view the e-mail. But users can take screenshot or photo of email. This "Smart Reply" feature is already available for people who use the Gmail app on their phones. "Therefore we ask that Project Maven be cancelled, and that Google draft, publicize and enforce a clear policy stating that neither Google nor its contractors will ever build warfare technology", the letter, obtained by The New York Times, read. Google workers were concerned about how the application could be weaponized once under ownership of the US military. When it expires, it is automatically deleted from the inbox and the sender's inbox.
End-to-end encryption is also not mentioned by Google anywhere.
Want more posts like this delivered to your inbox?
- Google might call the next version of Android, 'Popsicle'
- United States allies, Russian Federation prepare for Syria confrontation
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- Another member of the Humboldt Broncos has passed away
- Khloé Kardashian Gives Birth, Tristan Thompson Is Booed at Cavs Game
- Woman jailed 2 months for attacking man with scissors, helmet
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Knightdale Police investigate infant death, parents are father and daughter
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Xi vows to further open China economy as United States trade spat simmers