Sources said the party high command directed both the Ministers to resign after national outrage over the rape-cum-murder of minor Rassana girl and fingers pointed toward these two Ministers that during their visit to Hiranagar they had attempted to shield the accused.
Madhav was present in the meeting in which all BJP lawmakers and other party functionaries were present to take a final call on the future course of the party with its alliance partner PDP.
Ram Madhav had 45-minute meeting with Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti before taking meetings of BJP Legislature Party comprising ministers, MLAs, MLCs and senior office bearers followed by exclusive meeting with 11 party ministers at the BJP headquarters at Trikuta Nagar.
The opposition party claimed that it was because of the pressure exerted by the people and the protest march led by party chief Rahul Gandhi that saw the ruling BJP take the action against its ministers. The authenticity of the video could not be independently verified by PTI.
The Bharatiya Janata Party on Sunday demanded the sacking of Jammu and Kashmir Congress chief Ghulam Ahmad Mir for saying that the investigation in the rape and murder of a young girl in Kathua was motivated.
Two BJP leaders, Lal Singh and Chander Prakash Ganga, had allegedly put their weight behind the Hindu Ekta Manch in demanding a CBI probe into the Kathua gang-rape and murder case, directly accusing the Crime Branch of an unfair investigation.
Thakor Solanki, general secretary of SC/ST the Employees Union of Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, claimed that they had gathered at the venue to pay their tributes before the BJP leaders.
Actor-turned-politician Mukhyamantri Chandru on Saturday said that 'time is ripe to show door to BJP and JD-S in the May 12 election to Karnataka Legislative Assembly. Why are you silent?
"We have not been able to contact him since Thursday", he said.
- The Right Place for Drug Rehab
- Palestinians prepare for more mass protests
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Russian court orders ban on Telegram app
- Flyers need to improve everywhere to win Game 2
- Trump now sees inquiry into Cohen as greater threat than Mueller
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Chemical weapons body backs United Kingdom over nerve-agent attack on spy
- Late Cinema Legend Sridevi Wins India's Top Acting Honor
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury