Recently, Google Playstore's latest version 9.1.24 has been released with improvements and clearing bugs.
Google Go operates on devices running Android v4.3 (Jelly Bean) and above and will be available in 26 countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
"Google has basically looked the other way while it was able to generate revenues off of children's apps", said Jeffrey Chester, the executive director of the Center for Digital Democracy.
Any version that accounts for 0.1% or more is listed, but versions that have less than that are ignored. In fact, it likely highly underrepresents how many Android devices are out there! However, the paper's co-author, Serge Egelman denied his claims and stated, "Even if his claims are true, they are irrelevant as the study was performed using machine algorithm by randomly pressing buttons".
Other details revealed include the presence of a new "contextual back button", which the publication explained will hide and reveal itself in certain situations based on whether it's needed.
Unlockd said it was striking that the warning from Google, about removing the Unlockd apps, came at a time when there had been speculation about Unlockd going in for an IPO this month.
However, it is up to regulatory bodies like the FTC whether or not the developers of these Android apps will be held guilty of violating children privacy laws.
Google has just published the official Android distribution numbers for the month of April and at first glance, it looks like Oreo doesn't do better than Nougat did the same period a year ago. Google is overhauling the kits for sale in Target in the US.
Nevertheless, what's your best guess for the name of the Android 9.0? Not surprisingly, an astonishing number of devices still run Android Lollipop 5.0 or lower.
Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.
Google normally gives us an update on the distribution numbers of the various version of Android at the start of each month, but there was no word from the company in March or early April.
- Starbucks CEO Wants To Personally Apologize To Men Arrested In Philly Store
- Late Cinema Legend Sridevi Wins India's Top Acting Honor
- Sean Hannity Is Named as Michael Cohen's Client
- Arab Stocks Advance as Jitters Over US Strike in Syria Fade
- Manchester City Crowned English Premier League Football Champions
- Embiid out for Game 2 per reports
- What That 'Walking Dead' Finale Twist Could Mean for the Show's Future
- Judge In Cohen Case Was Almost Bill Clinton's AG Nominee
- New 'self-destructing' confidential emails being tested in Gmail
- BJP ministers' resignations being sent to J&K CM: Ram Madhav