"They lost only two matches, that is why they were champions".
Jose Mourinho has ordered Manchester United's record-signing Paul Pogba to show consistency on the training ground, as well as in competitive action, following his stunning display against Premier League leaders Manchester City last weekend.
"For all Manchester City supporters, at home and globally, it is time to celebrate, acknowledge our friendship and enjoy our passion together".
A week after City surrendered a 2-0 lead to lose 3-2 to United and squander the chance to wrap up the title in ideal style against their arch-rivals, it was relegation-bound West Brom who served it up on a plate.
Goalkeeper Ederson Moraes was watching former club Benfica play Porto in the Portuguese league.
Manchester City, who had bounced back after a week of dismal performances trounced Tottenham Hotspur 3-1 on Saturday.
City were crowned champions with five games to spare after United lost 1-0 to bottom side West Bromwich Albion at Old Trafford.
Even though his players took some time to adapt to his playing style the first season in 2016/17, this season there hasn't been a team who has been more consistent than Manchester City.
A 16-point lead with five games to play and 93 goals scored represents an emphatic response, not that any doubts ever existed inside the City dressing room.
"I think we share one thing maybe, the hunger and desire to never be satisfied", said Kompany.
"I hope that we can have a happier Monday in seven days".
An 18-match winning run from late-August to late-December laid the platform for the runaway title victory, and it was only a matter of when it would be clinched.
"I will tell you what I told him after the (City) match and it's exactly what I told him - I don't expect you to be man of the match every week, I don't expect you to score two goals every week", said Mourinho. The worlds best pulled off another magnificent save to deny Sergio Aguero levelling the derby at 3-3 last weekend. "One more touch to control the ball, one more flick, one more trick".
Tough love, but certainly sensible advice to give and one that is expected of a manager having Mourinho's years of experience dealing with players. United is now just one point above third-place Liverpool.
"I don't know if I was the first or second or third but I congratulated them face to face when I had chance to do it".
- Android apps tracking kids unlawfully, violating child privacy laws
- Predators beat Avalanche 5-4 to take 2-0 series lead
- Manchester City Crowned English Premier League Football Champions
- Sean Hannity Is Named as Michael Cohen's Client
- Linden wins Boston Marathon, 1st U.S. woman since '85
- New 'self-destructing' confidential emails being tested in Gmail
- IPL: AB de Villiers stars as Bangalore beat Kings XI Punjab
- Kathua & Unnao Rape Case: Smriti Irani Attacks Rahul Gandhi for Midnight March
- Embiid out for Game 2 per reports
- Starbucks CEO Wants To Personally Apologize To Men Arrested In Philly Store