Kane remains four goals behind Salah, who became only the eighth player in Premier League history to hit the 30-goal mark with his strike in Liverpool's 3-0 win over Bournemouth on Saturday. "We showed we have great character, that we can get points in every game".
"After 14 games unbeaten, it was a massive, massive run for us", he said.
The visitors were restricted by a solid Brighton backline, forcing them to overplay the ball in the final third.
"The response was quick and I think that helped the confidence in the team". We missed in front to be a little bit aggressive. It was hard for us in the first 45 minutes. A draw would be the most realistic result for Brighton. But credit to Brighton.
Defender Toby Alderweireld, who has been struggling with a hamstring problem, made his first Premier League appearance since October as part of the rotation, while England midfielder Dele Alli was left out of the squad completely.
"That I think was the constant during the whole game".
"But many, many years ago, it was sixth, seventh, eighth and I remember that the day we signed here the challenge was to reduce the gap". Some players needed to stay on the bench.
"We have a bigger squad with very good players and everyone is ready to play. But we were thinking about trying to win today".
The point puts Brighton on 36 points, which is eight points clear of the relegation zone.
The biggest pill to swallow for the visitors - their incredible unsubdued run of 14 games came to a Citizens halt and now it's time for them to start back at one.
Continued his exceptional season of being involved in more than 43 per cent of Brighton's goals this season, with six goals and eight assists.
- LeBron James Still Confident Despite Shocking Loss to Pacers
- Arab Stocks Advance as Jitters Over US Strike in Syria Fade
- Starbucks CEO Wants To Personally Apologize To Men Arrested In Philly Store
- Starbucks arrests spark protests in Philadelphia
- Leafs Stop The Bruins 4-2
- Predators beat Avalanche 5-4 to take 2-0 series lead
- Future Samsung Galaxy Have A Notch
- Snowstorm Forces Jets To Fly Back To Winnipeg
- Judge In Cohen Case Was Almost Bill Clinton's AG Nominee
- Mata turns focus to FA Cup after miserable West Brom defeat