While chatting with Howard Stern on his Sirius/XM radio show, Danes gave a straightforward confirmation when the host intimated that the eighth season would be the show's last. Danes' comments don't leave a lot of wiggle room about her readiness to move on from the role of Carrie Mathison, and there's no Homeland without Carrie Mathison. "It's a workout, so I'll be ready for a reprive from that". In fact, she described her nude scenes as "so mortifying", and then chose to share some big news.
She said, "I am pregnant".
Claire Danes stopped by The Tonight Show on Wednesday and told an "embarrassing" story about filming Homeland during her first trimester. Danes recalled those first few weeks as being her "least favorite phase".
Stern urged the actress to reveal the sex of her baby, but she responded, "I'm gonna keep that to myself".
At one point she lifted the hem of the jacket to reveal a glimpse of her white T-shirt and tummy that didn't show any sign of a bump. "It's moving and kicking", she said of her second child.
According to Homeland star Claire Danes, the Showtime series will end after Season 8. "We've been wanting another kid for a while, and it happened".
The Romeo + Juliet star also said she found it "pretty cool and a little creepy" to have a moving and kicking person inside her, adding it's "like an alien being in there". The couple are already parents to a five-year-old son Cyrus Michael Christopher, and the actress says they've been trying for a while to get pregnant again.
- Kendrick Lamar Wins 2018 Pulitzer Prize in Music
- Starbucks arrests spark protests in Philadelphia
- California governor says state's border troops won't enforce immigration
- Indo-Nordic Summit: India, Sweden To Strengthen Defence And Security Cooperation
- Trump morally unfit for post, says Comey
- A look at Bill Cosby's testimony about quaaludes
- National Football League to release Rams' regular season schedule on Thursday
- Ryan hangs on as Brighton hold Spurs
- Avengers: Infinity War reportedly starts with a major character's death
- SC dismisses probe into Judge Loya's death