Facing a 2-1 series deficit, there is no doubt that the Cavs need a good showing, but it sounds like the team will be without the services of George Hill, according to a report from Fred McLeod of FOX Sports Ohio.
"We tried to do everything possible, even after the game, getting treatment, trying to loosen it up, taking a shot and medicine in my butt", Hill said Sunday. But coach Ty Lue insisted that he wants Hill out there.
In a small sample size, Cleveland had a 9-1 record without Lue on the sidelines this season. The Cavs are shooting the 3 about as often as they did in the regular season but not almost as effectively, with a dip in accuracy from 37.2 percent to 30.9 percent. This could be attributed to schedule luck, player health or other factors but the facts are there.
To understand the magnitude of this decline, that performance would have ranked Cleveland 30th among the league's 30 teams had it come in the regular season.
After struggling to execute offensively in Game 1 against the Indiana Pacers, Lue has opted to change his starting lineup. This series is Indiana's to lose. In the series so far, he's only 3-10 from behind the arc, which isn't bad, but we would've certainly expected him to hit a few more by this point in the series.
Bogdanovic admitted his key to defending James is staying aggressive, per Mark Monteith of Pacers.com.
Here are some takeaways from Friday's games, along with the scores and a recap of our live updates from the night. That may thwart anything that the Cleveland Cavaliers try to do on offense outside of James. Sure, he was spectacular at the end of the game, but it was too little, too late. Not one single possession did Cleveland get a shot for James or Love in the post, or someone driving to the goal.
Yet the Pacers - at least initially - seemed completely flustered by the Cavs' tactics against Victor Oladipo. The most glaring problem that the Cavaliers now face is an inability to hit their open shots.
In January, the Cavaliers had a 34-12 lead at the end of the first quarter against the Pacers and lost the game 97-95.
Love was seen checking on his hand on the bench in the fourth quarter, but the Cavs will not miss the big-man's services as he is expected to play through the minor injury. Lue's thought process for that sequence was more questionable than anything he has done thus far this series.
The Pacers have a 2-1 lead in the series.
- Homeland to End With Season 8
- Pence hails 'the miracle of Israel's rebirth' in 70th birthday wishes
- Sixers' Joel Embiid remains doubtful for Game 3 vs. Miami Heat
- Andrea Constand, mother testify at Bill Cosby's sexual assault retrial
- European Union rejects British proposals for post-Brexit Irish border
- Police make fresh calls as opposition protests continue in Yerevan
- Iran threatens to 'vigorously' resume enrichment if US quits nuclear deal
- Poll Shows Most American Students Fear School Shootings
- Steady Activities: The Procter & Gamble Company (PG), China Mobile Limited (CHL)
- Lauren Bush Lauren gives birth 2 days after Barbara Bush's death