But the Mets could not ignore the numbers - 0-2, with a 6.00 ERA.
In 2013, Harvey's first full season with the Mets, he was named to the National League All-Star team for the All-Star Game at Citi Field. Or, as Ken Davidoff reports in the Post, not commenting when asked if Harvey would, indeed, make his next start. "I think I have to suck it up and go out there and do everything I can to get things back in gear ... get things going and do everything I can to help this team and get back to where I believe ultimately I can [succeed the most], and that's as a starter". In previous years, Harvey was able to urge his heater up too 97 miles per hour and was able to use that as his out pitch. There's a good chance that he'll eventually get another opportunity to start, and if his results start to match his peripherals, he could have a solid season. They could have demoted Harvey, which he could have refused, or they could have put him in the bullpen.
Harvey was diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateal ligament in his right elbow, shutting him down for the season.
If all goes according to plan, Harvey will be available out of the bullpen beginning on Tuesday, according to Mike Puma of the New York Mets. "My performance hasn't been there and I just have to do whatever I have to do to get back to the starting rotation".
"It's the decision that they have made", he said. "I couldn't feel the ball.'" Four days later, he opted to undergo season-ending surgery after tests showed that he had symptoms of thoracic outlet syndrome. Although it seems worth mentioning that Harvey's free agent stock was already at an all-time low, so if he develops into any semblance of a useful reliever, he could still out-earn what he was likely to make on the open market had he continued to pitch the way he was pitching as a starter. The only question now that remains is for how long will Harvey be a bullpen arm? To get his confidence back, send him out there during garbage innings. He was 5-7 with a 6.70 ERA in 2017.
- Eliud Kipchoge wins third London Marathon, Mo Farah breaks record
- 'Westworld' Cast Reveals They Are Confused by Show's Timeline Too
- Boston Stores announces going out of business sales
- Coca-cola Company (the) (NYSE:KO) Has Decline in Shorts
- Amir Khan knocks out Phil Lo Greco after just 40 seconds
- International Monetary Fund says trade tensions hinder growth
- Peaceful border is an essential condition for smooth ties with China
- Arizona Teachers Vote to Support a Walk Out Featured font size +
- Nadal brushes off Thiem in Monte Carlo
- Police make fresh calls as opposition protests continue in Yerevan