Smallville actress Allison Mack will be released from federal custody on a $5 million bond, which was approved by Judge Viktor Pohorelsky on Tuesday, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of NY.
"Smallville" star Tom Welling has proposed to his long-time girlfriend Jessica Rose Lee and is celebrating his engagement while former co-star Alison Mack heads to court on sex trafficking charges linked to her time in the group NXIVM.
Mack reached out to "Harry Potter" actress Emma Watson about a "unique human development & women's movement" via Twitter, and she also tried to befriend pop singer Kelly Clarkson through the social media platform. Alleged cult leader Keith Raniere faces similar charges and has also pleaded not guilty.
Mr. Raniere, who has denied wrongdoing, wrote in a letter to Nxivm members: "Over the past months, there have been extensive independent investigations performed, by highly qualified individuals, and they have firmly concluded that there is no merit to the allegations that we are abusing, coercing or harming individuals".
Back in March, Raniere was arrested and charged with sex trafficking and forced labor conspiracy. In another instance, the defendant met a 12-year-old girl whose mother worked for the defendant and began tutoring her. She is prohibited from using cellular services or the internet while she is at her parents' home. According to Page Six, Mack was a "slave" to Raniere, but was a "master" to other slaves.
Prosecutors said women were coerced into taking sexual photos and making embarrassing confessions on video, which would then be used to blackmail the "slaves" into performing acts ranging from getting coffee and cleaning to having sex with Raniere. The women allegedly hid that Raniere, the only man in the organization, was at the top of the pyramid.
The indictment claims many so-called slaves were branded on their pelvic areas with a symbol which, unbeknownst to them, incorporated Raniere's initials.
There are plenty more disturbing details regarding NXIVM including sex slavery, branding and a diet that restricted women to 800 calories a day. There is security footage captured of what appears to be Mack watching Raniere get taken away by the cops. It's expected that Mack will cut a plea deal with prosecutors and testify against Raniere.
She allegedly threatened them by saying she would release the damaging collateral that they were required to submit in order to join NXIVM.
- Adrien Broner-Jessie Vargas Fight Ends in Majority Draw
- Eliud Kipchoge wins third London Marathon, Mo Farah breaks record
- Wells Fargo hit by record $1bn penalty
- Bucks' Terry vows series will return to Milwaukee for Game 6
- Theresa May, Emmanuel Macron back up Trump on Syrian airstrikes
- 'Westworld' Cast Reveals They Are Confused by Show's Timeline Too
- Nicaragua scraps reform to end rallys
- Romelu Lukaku believes Manchester United can win the Premier League next season
- Steady Activities: The Procter & Gamble Company (PG), China Mobile Limited (CHL)
- Mitch McConnell Puts Kibosh on Bill Protecting Robert Mueller