The Orangeburg County Sheriff's Office will be participating in the Drug Enforcement Administration's National Take Back Day. The Osage County collection will be 10 a.m.to 2 p.m. Saturday, at the sheriff's office, 131 W. 14th St., Lyndon, Kan. These important actions can be taken today to prevent the misuse of, and addiction to prescription drugs and heroin. They will not accept any needles & sharps, mercury, oxygen containers, chemo/radiation substances, pressurized canisters, or illicit drugs.
Delta Dental is funding 600 Deterra drug disposal bags, which will be available at drop off sites across the city on Saturday. More information is available online. "Just with, you look at the opioid thing, how easily prescription medications can be abused". The study revealed that people who abuse medications most often find them in the homes of friends and family.
"Unused medications are risky for kids, pets and the environment", Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt said, "Diversion of opioid painkillers, in particular, can contribute to the misuse of these drugs that has become a serious, nationwide program".
Unused prescription drugs thrown in the trash can be retrieved and abused or illegally sold.
Last April, Americans turned in 450 tons (900,000 pounds) of prescription drugs at nearly 5,500 sites operated by the DEA and more than 4,200 of its state and local law enforcement partners.
Nationally, Drug Take-Back Day takes place once a year in April. Unused drugs that are flushed down the toilet have the potential to contaminate the water supply.
Other safe disposal sites include the Alamosa Sheriff's Department in Alamosa, La Jara Health Mart Pharmacy, Monte Vista Police Department, South Fork Police Department, Valley-Wide Health Systems Pharmacy in Alamosa and SLV Behavioral Health Group in Alamosa. This service is free and anonymous. They can lead to overdoses and accidental poisonings.
Citizens can also take advantage of the prescription drug drop-box located in the lobby of the police department 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Keys to a Columbus Blue Jackets Comeback in Games 6 and 7
- Nicaragua scraps reform to end rallys
- Judge 'rules out' Alfie going to Rome (2)
- Mets send Harvey to bullpen
- Iran threatens to 'vigorously' resume enrichment if US quits nuclear deal
- Verdict on Asaram: Security beefed up in Rajasthan, Gujarat and Haryana
- International Monetary Fund says trade tensions hinder growth
- Eliud Kipchoge wins third London Marathon, Mo Farah breaks record
- James Harden makes worrying claim, talks Houston Rockets title chances
- Adrien Broner-Jessie Vargas Fight Ends in Majority Draw