Many Twitter users were nonplussed by West's pro-Trump posts, quoting lyrics from West's satirical song I Love Kanye, from his 2016 album The Life of Pablo.
Please don't ask us to explain what "dragon energy" is. He is my brother. "He never said he agrees with his politics", she wrote. "That's what makes us individuals", he further said. "And we have the right to independent thought".
After tweeting that Trump is a "terrible human being", he clarified that he doesn't have any ill will for Kanye.
West said he does not agree with the president on several issues but that ideological differences should not always stand in the way of affinity for another person.
In 2009 Obama called West a "jackass" when he stormed the MTV awards to interrupt Taylor Swift, and in 2005 he criticised the White House's resonse to Hurricane Katrina by claiming "George W Bush doesn't care about black people".
In one of his tweets, Kanye West took aim at President Obama.
"Obama was in office for eight years and nothing in Chicago changed", Ye tweeted. That December, West and Trump met at Trump Tower in New York City, after which the then president-elect told reporters that they'd been friends "for a long time".
After getting a supportive retweet from President Trump, the "Yeezus" rapper apparently lost 9 million followers minutes later.
By Wednesday afternoon, the president, who had been hosting French President Emmanuel Macron on the first state visit of Trump's presidency, tweeted his thanks to the rapper.
"Yeah, people are anxious", says one insider close to the KarJenners told the outlet.
"Thank you Kanye, very cool!" he wrote on Wednesday (April 25) in response to the rapper's latest tweet about his "love" for "brother" Trump. That's free thought. I'm not even political. Because some of his ideas differ from yours you have to throw in the mental health card?
Over the last few years, Kanye West has been in and out of the news news due to his controversial behavior and questionable mental health.
Others, however, had less support for him.
- Wells Fargo hit by record $1bn penalty
- Govt will not tolerate atrocities against women: PM Modi
- Mets send Harvey to bullpen
- Keys to a Columbus Blue Jackets Comeback in Games 6 and 7
- Bayern Munich vs. Real Madrid live stream info, TV channel
- Southwest cancels flights due to engine inspections
- Verdict on Asaram: Security beefed up in Rajasthan, Gujarat and Haryana
- Pueblo police announce "Drug Take Back Day"
- Michelle Obama Wants a Pajama Party With the New Royal Baby
- Facebook Reveals The Lengthy Rulebook It Uses To Remove Posts