As the story goes, Sean Couturier's status for Game 5 on Friday was in serious doubt because of a knee injury he suffered in practice the day before.
Considering Provorov was playing with an injury left shoulder that he admitted forced him to pass more and limited his ability to shoot, placing too much blame on Provorov probably isn't fair.
Not only did Couturier play, but he played almost 17 minutes and scored the game-winning goal in Game 5.
The Philadelphia Flyers are making it a series.
Tim Kerr of the Philadelphia Flyers also did it in Game 3 of the 1985 quarterfinals against the New York Rangers. He then played over 20 minutes and recorded a hat trick in a five-point performance in the Flyers' Game 6 loss. "We're still down, but we've battled all year", Couturier said. Murray has allowed just one goal combined on 77 shots in Pittsburgh's three wins in this series but has been noticeably worse in the losses.
Sexsmith's Carter Rowney and the Pittsburgh Penguins punched their ticket to the 2nd round of the playoffs Sunday afternoon thanks to an 8-5 win over the Philadelphia Flyers. However, they have now won 11 straight games after losing their previous contest by two or more. Game 4 of the Pittsburgh series was the first game he missed during the 2017-18 season. Then with the game tied at 2-2 late in the third period, another turnover in the Pittsburgh zone led to Sean Couturier's game-winning goal. If there are Flyers fans that doubt the heart of this player, this team, shame on them.
The Flyers were 2-for-21 (9.5 percent) on the power play. "But it's only one game and we came here to win a hockey game". If necessary, Game 7 will be played Wednesday night.
The Flyers, for the first time since Game 2, responded.
If Guentzel built the foundation for a reputation as a playoff performer with 13 goals and 21 points in 25 games a year ago, he has cemented it. "Ultimately we came up short of that full 60 minutes". The Flyers and Penguins are often touted as one of the NHL's fiercest rivalries. And 47 seconds after Crosby's equalizer, Carl Hagelin put the Penguins back where they are used to being in South Philly - ahead. We're going to talk about it.
- Adrien Broner-Jessie Vargas Fight Ends in Majority Draw
- Keys to a Columbus Blue Jackets Comeback in Games 6 and 7
- It's an illegal order, says Congress
- Southwest cancels flights due to engine inspections
- Judge 'rules out' Alfie going to Rome (2)
- James Harden makes worrying claim, talks Houston Rockets title chances
- Thousands of euphoric Napoli fans welcome team home
- Peaceful border is an essential condition for smooth ties with China
- API reports surprise rise in United States oil inventories
- Natalie Portman snubs 'Jewish Nobel' in apparent protest against Israel