"Of course, because you're talking about Arsenal Football Club, and it's a big football club, it's an honor, but I have never been in touch".
However the 41-year-old repeatedly emphasised that he was enjoying his role with NY, who are owned by the same parent group as Manchester City and are now top of the MLS Eastern Conference.
Wenger has been in charge at Arsenal for more than two decades.
The timing came as a surprise, with the Gunners still fighting to finish as high up in the Premier League as they can and with a Europa League semi-final against Atletico Madrid to contest. "That [alone] is not enough to coach that team, but I'm ready to coach any side in Europe".
The Argentinian tactician was full of praises for the German playmaker who he believes completely dictates how the Premier League giants play.
Ospina was somewhat surprisingly picked between the sticks for Thursday's crunch Europa League semi-final clash with Atletico at the Emirates, despite Cech being back in the squad. Though he had seemed untouchable for most of his two decades at the club, Arsène Wenger has finally decided that the time is right to move on.
With Arsene Wenger announcing that he will be stepping down at the end of the season, there is widespread speculation of who will eventually take the mantle from the Frenchman. Maybe when you have a big ego at 40, you think the world can not live without you.
"What's important for me is to focus and concentrate at what I'm going at the moment". I will continue to work, that is for sure.
In his 22-year reign at the club, he won three English topflight titles, seven FA Cups and seven Community Shields, and he stands a chance to win his first European title with the club this season. The Frenchman will be banking on home form to take a good advantage over Atletico from the first leg.
- Keys to a Columbus Blue Jackets Comeback in Games 6 and 7
- Unknown Gunmen kill two priests, 13 others in Benue
- API reports surprise rise in United States oil inventories
- Former Smallville Star Released on Bail in Sex Trafficking Case
- Is North Korea's nuclear mountain test site still functional?
- Judge 'rules out' Alfie going to Rome (2)
- Facebook Reveals The Lengthy Rulebook It Uses To Remove Posts
- Waffle House shooting suspect asks for lawyer as he's arrested
- Comcast's €25bn bid for Sky sees Murdoch's Fox dropped
- LeBron James sends best wishes to Cleveland Browns in NFL Draft