"I think they just need one guy, a quarterback to make that difference".
Newly minted Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield, the reigning Heisman Trophy victor and a bona fide disruptor of defenses across America, was one also part of a wrecking crew offense with the bat.
Ward was the consensus CB1 in the class, but it was still a bit of a surprise that the Browns picked the Ohio State product over NC State defensive end Bradley Chubb. He walked on at both Texas Tech and Oklahoma, won a Heisman Trophy and wound up being the No. 1 pick in the NFL Draft. General manager John Dorsey said he liked Ward's ability to play man-to-man, press coverage, which the Buckeyes ask of their corners. I don't take out the time for them.
Mayfield said he became emotional after looking around at people who stuck with him through good and bad.
Head coach Todd Bowles was also looking forward to working with the rookie, who'll have the slight luxury of veteran Josh McCown in front of him on the depth chart.
The Buccaneers carried on the RB run three picks later by selecting electric Ronald Jones II out of USC. Cleveland has started 28 QBs since 1999. The Browns took Mayfield first overall, and now Goldhammer has a promise to live up to.
Although the Cleveland Browns didn't win a single game last season, Mayfield says he is excited to get to work and hopes to change things around for the team. I like the guy.
And although he may be Cleveland's quarterback of the future, the present belongs to Tyrod Taylor, who was acquired by the Browns in a trade from Buffalo.
Two days later, Mayfield went before reporters and apologized for his actions. Griffin's twin, Shaquill, is already in the league, and he'd be the second Lakewood product drafted this year (behind Georgia offensive lineman Isaiah Wynn, who went to the Patriots at No. 23). Jackson will get to sit and learn from Flacco for at least a year before taking over the starting QB position whenever the team decides to part ways with the 33-year-old Flacco. I know in my mind I wanted to come back and he wanted to come back. "Being at Ohio State, there was pressure all the time there".
- Kanye West sparks Twitter outrage as he declares support for Trump
- Pueblo police announce "Drug Take Back Day"
- Davis wills Pelicans to playoff series win
- Verdict on Asaram: Security beefed up in Rajasthan, Gujarat and Haryana
- Comcast's €25bn bid for Sky sees Murdoch's Fox dropped
- India v Pakistan at 2019 Cricket World Cup in Manchester
- 'Golden State Killer' suspect to be arraigned on Friday
- Gardiner laments minus-5 Game 7 performance
- Mgm Resorts International (MGM) Position Held by Fir Tree Inc
- Facebook didn't read terms of app that harvested millions' data