OK, maybe the Kanye West tweets aren't that insane, and we're just viewing this through the lens of West's wild pro-Trump tweetstorms this week, which riled the internet on both sides of the political aisle, seeming just about as plausible as anything else these days. Fans and fellow celebrities reacted to the revelation, with Chance the Rapper coming his defense tweeting, "black people don't have to be Democrats". The song plays out like a political debate between Kanye and T.I., and touches on topics like police brutality, Donald Trump, Obama, and even "the sunken place" (a reference to Get Out).
Earlier in the month, Kanye shared news of a new solo album and joint album with Kid Cudi.
But Owens refuses to let his assertion against Trump stand without a challenge, taking to Twitter to challenge Legend to a debate over the effects of the president's policies.
"Thank you also to Chance and Dr. Darrell Scott, they really get it (lowest Black & Hispanic unemployment in history)".
Trump responded positively to the shoutout from West and quote retweeted the message from his official account.
"Anyone who knows me knows how passionate I am about my city and my loved ones", Bennett said in a statement.
In response, Colbert quipped: "Yes, we have the right to independent thought and I independently think that Kanye has lost his mind".
"Hey it's JL. I hope you'll reconsider aligning yourself with Trump". John Legend tried it with a private text, only to have West share it on social media for all to see. West writes, "if you feel something don't let peer pressure manipulate you".
- Wenger set for for Old Trafford farewell
- Progress has stalled in the fight against malaria
- Facebook didn't read terms of app that harvested millions' data
- Toronto Officer Praised For Restraint In Standoff With Suspected Van Driver
- US Dollar Jumps as Government Bond Yields Rise
- Russell Westbrook & Paul George lead greatest comeback in OKC history
- Mgm Resorts International (MGM) Position Held by Fir Tree Inc
- Kanye West Supports Donald Trump with 'Make America Great Again' Hat
- API reports surprise rise in United States oil inventories
- Browns draft Miami defensive end, music producer Chad Thomas