The list is led by "Avengers: Infinity War" (English and dubbed versions), followed by "Baaghi 2", "Padmaavat", "PadMan" and "Raid". It is to be noted that the film's advance booking had opened by last Sunday.In Tamil Nadu, which is recovering from a 48-day theatre strike, the film has come as a much needed boost to the theatres.
"Avengers: Infinity War" took in $39 million on Thursday evening at USA and Canadian box offices, the biggest opening for a Marvel Studios film and the fourth-highest of all time, distributor Walt Disney Co said.
The Marvel Studios film made Rs 40.13 crore as gross box office collection and Rs 31.3 crore as nett box office collection. It would be second to only Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which had an opening weekend of $247.9 million and went on to finish with $936.6 million in the domestic market.
This means that the new Avengers hit will be Marvel's biggest movie to date.
According to the makers, the film, which boasts of the largest gathering of superheroes, registered the biggest day one opening ever for a Hollywood movie in India.
"In the FOXlight" host Michael Tammero on "Avengers: Infinity War" and plans to turn two New York Times reporters' investigation into Harvey Weinstein into a movie. The film, which features all the supeheros of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), had a higher occupancy on day one than Bahubali - The Conclusion, the success story of which needs no retelling.
When it comes to projections for opening weekend, Deadline is reporting that the third Avengers flick is rumored to bring in between $225 and $233 million.
This is a big deal for Disney, who own the Marvel brand and control the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Having loomed in the shadows since 2012's The Avengers, Avengers: Infinity War will see Thanos finally stepping into the spotlight and hunting down all six Infinity Stones with the help of The Black Order and his Outrider army. Watch Avengers: Infinity War to find out.
- Kanye West sparks Twitter outrage as he declares support for Trump
- Russell Westbrook & Paul George lead greatest comeback in OKC history
- Mgm Resorts International (MGM) Position Held by Fir Tree Inc
- Raptors oust Wizards...Pacers blow out Cavs to force Game 7
- Gardiner laments minus-5 Game 7 performance
- Red Sox OF Betts leaves with hamstring injury
- ValuEngine Upgrades Crown Castle International (CCI) to Buy
- Davis wills Pelicans to playoff series win
- Roquan Smith drafted in the first round by Chicago
- Wenger set for for Old Trafford farewell