"When you combine all those tangible and intangible qualities together, I guess that's how you end up as the second pick in the draft".
The Giants sent their sixth-round pick to the Rams as part of the trade for linebacker Alec Ogletree in March.
It hasn't taken long for general manager Dave Gettleman to make a concerted effort to improve what has always been a terrible offense. It's a bit surprising. Barkley became the only player in Penn State history and just the fourth Big Ten student-athlete to gain 3,000 rushing and 1,000 receiving yards in a career. Of course, if he plays up to the pre-draft hype, Giants fans may carry him down Broadway.
"I think the thing that makes him a special player is his ability to beat you between the tackles, beat you on the perimeter, beat you as a receiver, and be a better person and leader than he is a football player", Moorhead said. Barkley is friendly and outgoing, confident yet humble, eager to please but direct in explaining exactly what he expects of himself. He said he felt at home after his visit with the Giants. "It's going to take baby steps and it's going to take a long trip up that mountain, but every single day I'm willing to work".
Saquon Barkley is said to have the best draft profile we have seen for a running back in recent memory and it would have been idiotic for the Giants to take a quarterback instead of Barkley. He scored 51 touchdowns in the first decade of his career with the Carolina Panthers, and he rushed for at least five touchdowns in five of those games. His 53 overall touchdowns also are a school record.
NY hasn't produced a 1,000-yard rusher since 2012, nor a player who recorded at least 10 rushing touchdowns in a single season since 2008. The late George Young selected Lawrence Taylor.
- Ronny Jackson, Trump's pick for veterans affairs secy, withdraws nomination
- Unknown Gunmen kill two priests, 13 others in Benue
- Kanye West's tweets about Trump spark debate on race and politics
- Avicii's family release statement following EDM star's death
- Gardiner laments minus-5 Game 7 performance
- Ford will cull passenger vehicle range in US
- Red Sox OF Betts leaves with hamstring injury
- Sadio Mane spotted limping into hospital as Liverpool fans sweat over injury
- Russell Westbrook & Paul George lead greatest comeback in OKC history
- Bucks even up series against Boston behind 27 points from Giannis Antetokounmpo