"When you combine all those tangible and intangible qualities together, I guess that's how you end up as the second pick in the draft".
The Giants sent their sixth-round pick to the Rams as part of the trade for linebacker Alec Ogletree in March.
It hasn't taken long for general manager Dave Gettleman to make a concerted effort to improve what has always been a terrible offense. It's a bit surprising. Barkley became the only player in Penn State history and just the fourth Big Ten student-athlete to gain 3,000 rushing and 1,000 receiving yards in a career. Of course, if he plays up to the pre-draft hype, Giants fans may carry him down Broadway.
"I think the thing that makes him a special player is his ability to beat you between the tackles, beat you on the perimeter, beat you as a receiver, and be a better person and leader than he is a football player", Moorhead said. Barkley is friendly and outgoing, confident yet humble, eager to please but direct in explaining exactly what he expects of himself. He said he felt at home after his visit with the Giants. "It's going to take baby steps and it's going to take a long trip up that mountain, but every single day I'm willing to work".
Saquon Barkley is said to have the best draft profile we have seen for a running back in recent memory and it would have been idiotic for the Giants to take a quarterback instead of Barkley. He scored 51 touchdowns in the first decade of his career with the Carolina Panthers, and he rushed for at least five touchdowns in five of those games. His 53 overall touchdowns also are a school record.
NY hasn't produced a 1,000-yard rusher since 2012, nor a player who recorded at least 10 rushing touchdowns in a single season since 2008. The late George Young selected Lawrence Taylor.
- Red Sox OF Betts leaves with hamstring injury
- Progress has stalled in the fight against malaria
- Roquan Smith drafted in the first round by Chicago
- Toronto Officer Praised For Restraint In Standoff With Suspected Van Driver
- Browns draft Miami defensive end, music producer Chad Thomas
- Active Stock Momentum: QTS Realty Trust, Inc. (QTS)
- Facebook didn't read terms of app that harvested millions' data
- Comcast's €25bn bid for Sky sees Murdoch's Fox dropped
- Russell Westbrook & Paul George lead greatest comeback in OKC history
- Manchester United boss Mourinho hints at future friendship with Wenger