Ironically, it began with Arsenal's first and only run to the Champions League final in 2006, which at the time signified that Wenger might be close to cracking the European code, having struggled in the competition over the previous decade. They have defeated Bournemouth in the Premier League since then and beat Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 in the semifinals of the FA Cup the past weekend. On the left-flank, it will be former Arsenal man Alexis Sanchez who will keep his place in the starting XI, with a point to prove against his former club. And the Gunners boss, who leaves the Emirates at the end of the season, hinted tomorrow might not be the last time they meet.
Lacazette volunteers this truth as he reflects on the game this afternoon at Old Trafford that will feature his France worldwide colleague Paul Pogba and looks ahead to the second leg of the Europa League semi-final against Atletico Madrid.
For Manchester United (second place; 74 points), this is a chance to go five clear of third place and almost cement a second-place finish.
It sent just as many shockwaves through the football world as when he made his second retirement announced in 2013 and United suffered a huge dip in form.
Mourinho has greeted Wenger's announcement warmly and even suggested they could "even be friends in the future". Prior to that, they had won six straight games before a draw, loss and a win - ahead of being held by Diego Simeone's side. With Chile, I also scored two goals and that means a lot to me.
Atletico's excellent defensive record is what has carried them to five European semi-finals in seven seasons under Simeone.
Ruud awakening There was, though, no such party atmosphere when Wenger's side were back at Old Trafford for a league encounter during September 2003.
"I'm going to remember him as a big opponent, as the manager of the Invincibles", said Jose. Overall, both parties had interest to do what happened. 'Of course [it will be little bit unusual to face Alexis]. "The only thing that has not changed is the colour, that's still red", Wenger added.
'He was 22 years in the club so he has a good image in France and for a player like me we want to finish well for him. "He did extremely well for us".
Mourinho will be without the injured Sergio Romero, while Eric Bailly is a doubt.
- Bucks even up series against Boston behind 27 points from Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Russell Westbrook & Paul George lead greatest comeback in OKC history
- Toronto Officer Praised For Restraint In Standoff With Suspected Van Driver
- Progress has stalled in the fight against malaria
- Ronny Jackson, Trump's pick for veterans affairs secy, withdraws nomination
- 'Golden State Killer' suspect to be arraigned on Friday
- Sadio Mane spotted limping into hospital as Liverpool fans sweat over injury
- Mgm Resorts International (MGM) Position Held by Fir Tree Inc
- Avicii's family release statement following EDM star's death
- Manchester United boss Mourinho hints at future friendship with Wenger