Chelsea's 1-0 win over Swansea City on Saturday closed the gap between themselves and fourth-placed Tottenham Hotspur to two points with three games left, but Conte was left to reflect on his forwards' mediocre goal tallies. They will play Watford on Monday and football is not simple, especially in this league.
"The situation is not in our hands, but the only way to put a bit of pressure to Tottenham is to get three points in every game", said Conte. The Italian boss used him as an inspired second-half substitute during his first season as they romped to another Premier League title, however, a recurring theme started to happen for the ageing midfielder. Our live coverage lets you follow all the key moments as they happen.
The three teams in the bottom three staved off relegation, for now. Swansea could have drawn.
Fabregas got the goal but N'Golo Kante was the star of the show, the Frenchman receiving plenty of praise for his performance in midfield.
Antonio Rudiger may well have given Hazard his second assist soon after, only for the defender to spurn the chance at the far post following a corner.
The former Premier League champions now face a huge home game against Liverpool next Sunday while Swansea will be anxiously looking over their shoulders following relegation rival Southampton's victory earlier in the day.
Although Huddersfield are three points clear of 18th-placed Southampton, their run-in is hard with trips to Manchester City and Chelsea and a home game against Arsenal, which will be Arsene Wenger's final match in charge of the Gunners.
No one can accuse Carlos Carvalhal of being downbeat. Thanks to Dusan Tadic's brace (WATCH HERE) at St. Mary's Stadium, and Swansea's narrow defeat to Chelsea, Southampton now occupy 18th place and trail the Swans by a single point. Kyle Naughton, Tom Carroll and Wayne Routledge also went close.
One could call Liverpool's scoreless draw with 18th- (now 19th-) place Stoke a hangover after the emotional toll of Tuesday's Champions League semifinals first-leg thrashing of Roma, but in truth the Reds were their typically dominant selves, only without the precision and final touch which have come to define their campaign.
"We don't need to move things because we are in a good way", he said.
"When I arrived we were five points off at the bottom but we've progressed and fight to stay in the division".
"We're just doing everything we can at our end". "We will do our job", he explained.
- Davis wills Pelicans to playoff series win
- At Michigan Rally, Donald Trump Ridicules 'Phony' White House Correspondents' Dinner
- ValuEngine Upgrades Crown Castle International (CCI) to Buy
- Facebook didn't read terms of app that harvested millions' data
- Volunteers needed to install free smoke alarms around Bakersfield
- Red Sox OF Betts leaves with hamstring injury
- Kanye West's tweets about Trump spark debate on race and politics
- Ronny Jackson, Trump's pick for veterans affairs secy, withdraws nomination
- Jets, Bills finally appear to have franchise QB in making
- Terrorist Documented Sabotaging Camera on Gaza Border