Including Tuesday's loss, the Red Sox have now lost six of their last 10 games.
David Price will make his seventh start of the season, looking to get back on track after a couple of rough outings. The other came from J.D. Martinez in the fourth inning. "The problem he's running into is he's starting to fall off before he delivers the pitch".
Maintaining a slash line of.306/.412/.516 across 148 plate appearances, Betts enjoyed batting against left-handed pitching previous year (compared to his total season slash line of.264/.344/.459).
The St. Louis right-hander took his time as he circled the bases after hitting his first major league home run in the Cardinals' 3-2 win over the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday. In only four seasons, Betts has a resume that many players would be jealous of. He is 4-5 with a 5.11 ERA in 14 career starts against Texas.
"Still working on trying to run and seeing if I can get that squared away", said Murphy, who spoke with reporters for the first time since returning from extended spring training on Monday. Strasburg (3-3) allowed three runs - two earned - and seven hits in seven innings. The seventh-year left-hander has pitched well in three of his five starts on the season, and he is possesses a 4.33 ERA and a 1.15 WHIP in 27 innings logged. He was utilized as a pinch hitter in the 10th inning and grounded out.
Betts has 11, Martinez has six, Mitch Moreland and Rafael Devers have four each, Xander Bogaerts, Hanley Ramirez and Eduardo Nunez have three each, Jackie Bradley Jr. has two and Andrew Benintendi and Brock Holt each have one.
Martinez hit 45 a year ago, but has been a tad behind that pace early in 2018.
Moustakas is hitting.302 with eight homers and 19 RBIs in 28 games this season. The Rangers are only averaging 3.94 runs per game, ranking them 22nd overall.
Trevor Story led off the fifth with a long homer to left, and Chris Iannetta chased Darvish one out later with a solo drive that made it 6-1.
The Royals now own the worst record in the American League (8-22) and are only one game behind the Cincinnati Reds for having the worst record in the MLB.
3-13 in their last 16 games in the first game of a series.
The first one put the Red Sox on the board.
Rodriguez, 25, is 3-0 with a 4.78 ERA this season.
- Facebook wants to pick your next date
- School walkout supports gun rights, Second Amendment
- Europa League: Atletico Madrid Boss Diego Simeone Banned For Final vs Marseille
- Trump refunded €108K hush money his lawyer gave porn star stormy
- Cowboys TE Jason Witten retires after 15 seasons
- The Kentucky Derby: five reasons why you shouldn't miss it
- Iran Not Willing to Accept Changes to Nuclear Agreement
- Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho explains Alexis Sanchez omission
- Virat and Anushka celebrate her B'Day on Bangalore turf
- Unemployment falls below 4 percent for first time since 2000