'The 2018 Literature Nobel Prize will be designated and announced at the same time as the 2019 victor, ' according to a press release on the decision to alter the ceremony for the first time in almost 70 years.
The Academy will name its 2018 victor at the same time as its 2019 victor, it announced on its website Friday.
According to Anders Olsson, interim permanent secretary of the academy."The active members of the Swedish Academy are of course fully aware that the present crisis of confidence places high demands on a long-term and robust work for change". However, the reports also led to a series of other questions raised about the Academy's close ties to his culture venue, including about payouts made to the venue and allegations of names of Nobel Prize winners being leaked in advance.
Arnault is also facing the accusation that he touched Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria inappropriately at a Swedish Academy event over a decade ago.
She added the press release would be published "as early as possible" after a meeting by the Academy members.
Traditionally, its 18 members are appointed for life and cannot resign, but they can choose not to participate. Several of the alleged incidents were reported to have happened in properties belonging to the academy.
Bjorn Hurtig, the lawyer for the 71-year-old Arnault, has denied the allegations, telling The Associated Press that his client is the victim of "a witch hunt" and the claims "may only have the objective of harming" him.
This is the biggest scandal the award has seen since it was first started in 1901.
It also confirmed that the academy had broken its own rules relating to conflicts of interest by providing funding to the cultural forum run by Arnault and Frostenson. In five of those instances, the prize was awarded concurrently with the following year's prize.
- United States interest rate rise in June '100% certain' after Fed delays
- Takeaways from Round 1 of the 2018 NFL Draft
- Lightning nix Bruins with win in Game 5
- "Beersheba - Eilat": Elia Viviani won the second stage in a row
- Anti-India Protests In Kashmir Follow Reported Killing Of Rebels
- Trump refunded €108K hush money his lawyer gave porn star stormy
- Emotional Bellew dedicates Haye win to late relative
- Saddled with curse, Justify goes for Kentucky win
- Activision Blizzard Made $1.97 Billion in First Quarter Revenue
- PM Modi takes 'PPP' jibe at Congress, Siddaramaiah hits back