"It's the hardest I've ever been hit", Martirosyan said.
Gennady Golovkin will have one eye on history here Saturday as he chases a record-equalling defence of his world middleweight crown in a hastily-arranged showdown with Vanes Martirosyan. His attitude did not change in the subsequent press conference.
"The second round it was true business", said Golovkin. "I know that I can give him a lot more trouble that people expect, and a lot more trouble than other people he has fought". "I promise, we bring unbelievable show, incredible event".
But if it doesn't, there will be only one fighter to blame. He didn't become the WBA's full-fledged belt-holder until 2014, then added the IBF title in 2015 and the WBC championship when Alvarez relinquished it in 2016. "I've been killing myself for the last two years, just thinking, 'What mistakes did I make, or what did I do to deserve this, to be inactive outside of the ring?' This fight is everything I've dreamed of, and I can't wait to show it to the world".
36, a Kazakhstan native based in Los Angeles, stunned the native Armenian with a colossal right hand and followed it up with two hard jabs, another hard right hand, and a vicious combination that sent Martirosyan down on his face.
That record has stood for 13 years, and Golovkin will still need another fight to break it. I feel comfortable answering those questions.
UFC featherweight champion Cris Cyborg attended the fight and confirmed her interest in boxing against Braekhus. I don't care who it is. Not only for myself, not only for Cecilia, but for women's boxing as a whole... "We can't wait. This is what we dream about, having a fight like this". He is definitely the better of the two fighters on paper.
Boxers On the Rise: Ryan Garcia and George Kambosos Jr. On May 5th, Martirosyan will step into the ring with a career total twenty-one knockouts, of thirty-six wins. Garcia will want to feed his ambition of fighting Gervonta Davis and being the youngest pay-per-view star, as well as his growing fan base, with another decisive win.
More importantly, it won't be Golovkin's fault if he and Alvarez don't meet in September. May 4th, 7:30PM PT on ESPN2 and ESPN Desportes. It costs $15 a month, and if you use a VPN you'll be able to sign up for that but you'll probably need to have a card registered to the United States so it's unlikely you'll want to do this from other places in the world. Kambosos Jr.is now ranked #5 by the WBA, #11 by WBO and holds the WBA Oceania lightweight title.
- Anti-India Protests In Kashmir Follow Reported Killing Of Rebels
- Pakistan Interior Minister recovering after assassination attempt
- Boston Red Sox vs. Texas Rangers, 5-3-2018 - Expert Prediction
- PM Modi takes 'PPP' jibe at Congress, Siddaramaiah hits back
- GST Council defers sugar cess decision, says FM Jaitley
- Emotional Bellew dedicates Haye win to late relative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool: What Hazard said about Giroud's performance
- What prompted 'Tolet' director Chezhian to boycott National Film Awards ceremony?
- Royal Wedding Guide: Who is going to be in the wedding party?
- Volvo details Android-powered infotainment system