Microsoft at Build 2018 finally revived its AI-based assistant, Cortana. But, what about Google Assistant? Both companies are hoping that Alexa and Cortana develop a symbiotic relationship where the devices would able to help their users get tasks done.
If you're using a smartphone, there are good chances that you might also be owning a computer.
To the companies, given their respective focuses, it might make sense to rely on Cortana for a work calendar, and Alexa for managing shopping list. Most of the connected things you buy will work with Alexa's "official" support but IFTTT opens up so much more that it's totally worth taking a look.
At the time, users were demoed using handoff triggers to utilize both Alexa and Cortana in a weird 3-way conversation example.
In order to set Alexa as your default assistant, you have to download the Amazon Alexa app via the Google Play Store. After doing so, press the install button and get the application installed. While each phone may prove to be slightly different, basically, you'll want to find your way to "Advanced settings", and then the section for "Assist apps". Then go to your phone settings and choose the apps & notifications from the menu.
Amazon Alexa can now be set as the default assistant on Android devices. There, tap on Assist App. However, it seems that the company has finally chose to embrace the change as it is allowing users to integrate Alexa as a digital assistant in their Android smartphones. For instance, you could ask Alexa to open Cortana via Alexa-enabled devices. If you'll like to try it, Microsoft say visit https://aka.ms/cortana_alexa to be notified when it goes live.
- Pakistan Interior Minister recovering after assassination attempt
- Day gets wet, but leads Wells Fargo by two strokes
- Lightning nix Bruins with win in Game 5
- Volvo details Android-powered infotainment system
- Anti-India Protests In Kashmir Follow Reported Killing Of Rebels
- Down 3-0, Raptors change lineup for Game 4 against Cavaliers
- Apple will fix or replace iPhone X's with Face ID issues
- $3.99 Per Month, Cloud Save, NES Games And Special Offers
- GST Council defers sugar cess decision, says FM Jaitley
- Nobel Prize In Literature For 2018 Cancelled Over Sexual Misconduct Scandal