Her sleek, gelled hair from the red carpet and dewy makeup made her look duller. The invitation-only Met Gala is a fundraising benefit for the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and also marks the opening of the Costume Institute's annual fashion exhibition. Deepika looked stunning in a red gown. Bollywood beauties Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone had taken the Hollywood media by surprise with their magnificent presence at the main event and same happened at the Standard Hotel.
Let us put some light on the times when Ms. Padukone slayed her appearances in the same outfits and pulled them off with elan.
If the term "slay" is the internet's favourite word, then it surely can be used to define Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra's looks at this year's Met Gala. However, when it comes to the fashion and outfit department, there's a clear victor, and it is Priyanka Chopra as Deepika continues to disappoint.
At the after-party, she did not live up to our expectations. This was the actress' second time at the gala.
While one wrote, "When you're about to go at #MetGala but mom says champi kiye bina ghar ke bahar pair mat rakhna", others compared her headgear to the one Ranveer Singh's character wore in Bajirao Mastani. An opulent gold choker with large gold studs coupled with a glossy makeup and centre-parted sleek low bun rounded out her resplendent look. They even shared the details of the Golden Hood that completed her heavenly look.
Rihanna rules the roost with her Nina Ricci shimmery, silver outfit, with a bun on top of her head and glasses.
Gigi Hadid opted for a blazer and trousers in dusty pink.
- People Killed in Clashes in Kashmir
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un visits China, meets with Xi Jinping
- Volvo details Android-powered infotainment system
- Down 3-0, Raptors change lineup for Game 4 against Cavaliers
- Braden Holtby: Impressive effort as Capitals advance
- Rebels, Indian troops clash in Kashmir's main city; 1 killed
- 71st edition of Cannes festival kicks off today
- Eurovision 2018: first semi-final to take place today
- Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson to be paired at Players Championship
- Indian Team against Afghanistan and Ireland/ England tours announced