Stifler's about to get a "Lethal Weapon". Sources have told EW that the decision was a hard one and was due to Crawford exhibiting a pattern of toxic behavior on the set and that there is video and audio evidence of such behavior. Another said, "That no official words have been spoken, just rumors spread by the tabloids".
The incidents involved outbursts and Crawford stated that he apologized for his part in it. The second incident occurred during an episode Crawford was directing when another actor on set felt unsafe after being hit by a piece of shrapnel from an effect.
News of Crawford's firing was announced on Wednesday, and followed reports that the 40-year-old actor had been disciplined for unspecified bad behaviour, including "emotional abuse" and "creating a hostile environment".
A spokesperson for Warner Bros.
The drama behind the scenes of the Lethal Weapon show has been well-documented over the last few months, now Damon Wayans will stay in his role as Roger Murtaugh, with the show being renewed for a third season.
The show has done a solid job securing Crawford's replacement. The role will be his first TV series regular roles after the American Pie franchise and numerous other features. After negotiations wrapped up, he met with Damon Wayans; the casting choice was then sealed. It's not clear at this point which character he will play, but it does sound like it will be a new character who pairs up with Murtaugh. The problem is threatening the future of the show, with a recasting - a rare and dramatic move when involving a lead of an established series - being explored.
There's been so many TV show renewals and cancellations the past week it's been hard to keep up. "Television has decided not to renew Clayne Crawford's contract for Lethal Weapon". According to the reviews, Riggs was shot in the chest during the closing moments of the episode leaving his fate uncertain. Will he survive and leave to Texas with Molly and her boy, or will season 3 premiere with us being bystanders to Rigg's funeral?
- ISIL sympathizer likely behind church attacks
- Israel boosts Gaza border forces before protest
- Liverpool to 'recharge' before Champions League final - Jurgen Klopp
- Here are the first reactions to 'Solo: A Star Wars Story'
- Simpson extends Players lead to 7 shots
- Pochettino Proud To See Tottenham Bag UCL Berth At Makeshift Wembley Home
- Russian Federation calls for restraint from Iran, Israel after missile strikes
- Area postal carriers hosting food drive
- UFC 224 Start time Preview at Brazil
- Don't worry, Congress will come back: Siddaramaiah dismisses exit polls on Karnataka