It will tell the story of the beginnings of the band, up until their show-stealing performance at Live Aid in 1985, which can be seen in all its glory in the trailer. The film was directed by Dexter Fletcher and Bryan Singer.
Malek makes for a pretty convincing Mercury dupe once he's in all the right costumes and wigs, bopping around as the energetic frontman. The film honors the group's iconic lead singer, who died at the age 45 from bronchial pneumonia stemming from AIDs in November 1991, just one day after revealing he had contracted the disease.
The first trailer for the much-anticipated Freddie Mercury biopic Bohemian Rhapsody has dropped, and while Mr. Robot star Rami Malek is a ringer for the Queen front man - often shirtless, in tight trousers, and sporting that signature moustache - the trailer telegraphs his queerness only in a blink-and-you-miss-it moment. Malek looks to have fully-embodied Mercury, from his look to his signature on-stage moves that made Mercury one of the best entertainers of all-time.
"We're going to use Freddie as much as possible and use myself as much as possible", Malek says. They're'represented on screen too, with Ben Hardy, Joseph Mazzello and Gwilym Lee as Taylor, John Deacon and May respectively. However, after that actor clashed with Queen lead guitarist Brian May, he exited the project, which then languished in development hell for years.
Tom Hollander, who plays Queen manager Jim Beach, is also reported to have quit the film for a short period of time because of Singer's behavior, but Hollander eventually returned to his role.
- Mother's Day: Messages, Wishes And Images To Share With Your Mom
- ISIL sympathizer likely behind church attacks
- BoE keeps rates on hold pending economy's performance in 2H2018
- Google to warn when humans chat with convincing bots
- Israel boosts Gaza border forces before protest
- Are Israel and Iran inching closer to war?
- Lilly buys ARMO BioSciences for $1.6 billion
- Trump declares 'major disaster' in Hawaii following volcano's eruption
- Angry and frustration as Edmund's run comes to an end — Madrid Open
- Donnelly Becomes 2nd Democrat To Support CIA Nominee Haspel