So when Infinity War concluded with Thanos' dusting that wiped out half of the universe (and our characters, some of whom died earlier from more traditional methods), there was another question (of so, so many questions): who else died, or survived, offscreen?
In an interview with HuffPost over the weekend, Infinity War directors Joe and Anthony Russo discussed the fates of several popular characters following the tragic finale. Plus as a spunky teen superhero, she would be the flawless character to introduce as part of the young generation of heroes like Spider-Man and Black Panther's Shuri (who is not a superhero yet, but I can dream) to lead the future of the MCU.
However, this will take place sometime after Captain Marvel (2019) has released.
Disney/Marvel's "Avengers: Infinity War", which introduces reigning baddie Thanos (Josh Brolin) in full, is the biggest superhero movie ever, before adjusting for inflation. The sequel is expected to have a domestic opening north of $150 million. That total puts Avengers: Infinity War in the worldwide top 5 films of all time.
It also beat the £51.9 million taken in 2012 by Marvel Avengers Assemble to become the most successful Marvel movie ever in the UK. With that increase applied I get another $202 million for Infinity War in China.
It is also the first film in Singapore history to surpass $14 million, according to a press statement from Disney on Tuesday (May 15). Maybe The Avengers should ask DeGuzman and company for some helpful tips on apprehending Thanos! The third week and fourth-weekend run would be crucial to the film's final results since 20th Century Fox's Deadpool 2 is slated to release on 18 May in 4,250 locations.
Don't expect anything just yet though - Ms Marvel will probably appear on screen after the release of Captain Marvel because her character is inspired by the hero who will soon be played by Brie Larson in the upcoming Captain Marvel-centric film.
- Angry and frustration as Edmund's run comes to an end — Madrid Open
- Don't worry, Congress will come back: Siddaramaiah dismisses exit polls on Karnataka
- Apple, Goldman Sachs planning Pay-branded credit card
- Donnelly Becomes 2nd Democrat To Support CIA Nominee Haspel
- Buildings dismantled at North Korean nuclear test site
- Simpson extends Players lead to 7 shots
- Jupiter's Moon Europa Shoots Water Into Space, New Research Suggests
- Liverpool to 'recharge' before Champions League final - Jurgen Klopp
- Martial a doubt for FA Cup final - Mourinho
- DPS holds memorial service in honor of fallen officers